Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Small Options Make The Difference on B Series

Those of you who have purchased a B2320,B2620,B2920. What option should not be overlooked? Did any of you get the rear wheel spacers? if so, why?

Are there better lower arms or keeps that make a "can't miss" option?

Any must have option/upgrades that you recommend to others? Pix are always appreciated, of course.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2920

Default Re: Small Options Make The Difference on B Series

I added the telescopic stabilizers for the 3 pt hitch. This replaced the turnbuckles. Because I use the Pats quick hitch system, I didn't adjust the turnbuckles that much, but I had bent two bolts on them. They keep the lower control arms apart so I don't have to use the spreader bar and also better if you want to use the draw bar to tow a trailer as the arms don't swing in and hit on the tongue of the trailer. They do work enough better that if would probably be worth trying before ordering the Pats system, although having both really makes changing implements easy.

Stabilizer

I also ordered these chains to help when I am mowing with the rotary mower to keep it off the ground with the 1/4" valve. I actually ordered them from yesterday's tractor, but this other website has a better picture.

Mower Deck Height Stabilizer Kit -- Finish Mower & Rotary Cutter Parts
    Kubota B2920, MMM, FEL, 5' Bush Hog Squeeler Rotary Mower, 5' Bush Hog Box Blade, 5' RBT1560 Land Pride Rear Blade, 55 gal. Boomless Sprayer, KK Utility carrier

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

I've been pretty happy with my standard B2620. I did have chains on it last winter without the wheel spacers, but it would work much better with them. I had to spend a lot of time wiring everything up so it didn't rub. I have the QC on my loader arms, and although you still have to "encourage" one pin at least in most of the time it is a nice addition when using the forks, etc. My hitch is standard issue, but I would make sure the 1/4 inching set up was working right when it was delivered next time. It took me too long to figure out the simple adjustments that make a difference. I guess all in all they are pretty good as is.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Work lights? Higher amp alternator, things of that kind?
    BP

Elite Member
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    (B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm

None of that yet, but I have been getting a list together, and may make, have made some of those mods. One other thing I'm looking at is putting the step from a B3300 SU on mine though the mounting area is surprisingly shorter on the B3300.
    B2620,Loaded R-4's , Wallenstein BX42 chipper, Bush Hog SQ148 RC, 4' x 8' chain harrow, Blizzard 54" 3PT snowblower, Tirechains. com v-bar duo grip chains (hate them), Simplicity Legacy with 48"mmm, turbo collector, Country Line carry all, Countryline Middlebuster, Woods 48" BB, Kubota QA for loader, Kubota forks, Kuhn EL23 rototiller, and more to come...

Platinum Member Evil the Weasel's Avatar
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

I also replaced the turnbuckles for the lower 3pt arms and added the knobs from a BX to the ROPS so it didn't rattle so much. You could consider a work light or two also.
    EtW - Kubota B2620

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Most of these suggestions, which are great BTW, are aftermarket or after sale. Any suggestion for dealer installed or factory installed options when ordering? Thanks for all your replies.
    BP

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Looking at the config kubota site , there doesn't appear
    to be anything that can't be after-market , at this level
    of machine ; http://kubotaproducts.bigmachines.co...nsmission@4WD@
    BX2360 54"MMM

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags

work light, rear spacers and loader QA. I also bought the forks and a 60" bucket. I think all this stuff could be added after the fact.
    B2920 TLB, turfs and loaded ags, thumb, 60 & 50" QA buckets, Kubota QA forks, toothbar, BX42 chipper, 60" front hydro blade and hitch, Herd M96 spreader, turf vent 48" 3pt aerator, Woods LRC 60" rake and Woods 48" estate BB, County Line 60" rear blade, rear spacers, pats easy change. Polaris 800 w/60" Blizzard plow & John Deere 717a ZTR

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

BP - sounds like you're getting ready to take another run at a B series machine?? Which one do you have in mind? The 2320 again? Ah, I miss the rush of the hunt. Wish I had an excuse to be back in the market again.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast