BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #21  
It took a little while to get the BH & FEL off since it was the first time, but there were no major problems.

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #23  
how sad- most of BX25'ers don't even have thier 3pt assembled yet. I use mine all the time. I'd say its the most handiest thing to have.

JT- I say just open the box and try to put it together. I don't think its that hard. I'd do it for you if you weren't so far away. :thumbsup:

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #24  
JT, Hope these pics help!

1. Shows 3PH installed on BX25. Note parts in your box!

2. 3PH shown attached to back blade. Key is placement of large metal rod held in place after install by pin and cotter pin. When removed the part with the caution label {Grey} can be placed over the rod after the rod is in place.

3. Rod is held in place by two oblong shaped (note flat sides) inserted into side frame holes with a similar shape. Rod slides through center hole until {Grey} part covers the rod. Key installation step is putting rod in place as shown.

4. This shows view from above including right and left arm connection. Adjustment threaded rods are tightened as required for the attachment being used.

JT, Any questions? Need more pics? Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• BX25-3PH1.jpg
    BX25-3PH1.jpg
    859.4 KB · Views: 612
  • BX25-3PH2.jpg
    BX25-3PH2.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 401
  • BX25-3PH3.jpg
    BX25-3PH3.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 276
  • BX25-3PH4.jpg
    BX25-3PH4.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 542
   / BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #25  
Heck, I have a BX23 with 600 plus hours, and I never had the three point hich out of the box yet either.

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #26  
I didn't do a triangle but made a simple 2'X4' plywood dolly with six heavy duty 4" swivel casters I got at Home Depot. The BH sat on the dolly lengthwise and was easy to roll around in the garage. It probably takes up more floor space than the triangle one, but was fine for my purposes.

I used 3/4 inch plywood and doubled the thickness so the whole thing was about 1.5 inches thick. Used construction adhesive and screws to glue the two layers together.

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit
how sad- most of BX25'ers don't even have thier 3pt assembled yet. I use mine all the time. I'd say its the most handiest thing to have.

JT- I say just open the box and try to put it together. I don't think its that hard. I'd do it for you if you weren't so far away. :thumbsup:

JT, Hope these pics help!

1. Shows 3PH installed on BX25. Note parts in your box!

2. 3PH shown attached to back blade. Key is placement of large metal rod held in place after install by pin and cotter pin. When removed the part with the caution label {Grey} can be placed over the rod after the rod is in place.

3. Rod is held in place by two oblong shaped (note flat sides) inserted into side frame holes with a similar shape. Rod slides through center hole until {Grey} part covers the rod. Key installation step is putting rod in place as shown.

4. This shows view from above including right and left arm connection. Adjustment threaded rods are tightened as required for the attachment being used.

JT, Any questions? Need more pics? Good Luck! :thumbsup:

I didn't do a triangle but made a simple 2'X4' plywood dolly with six heavy duty 4" swivel casters I got at Home Depot. The BH sat on the dolly lengthwise and was easy to roll around in the garage. It probably takes up more floor space than the triangle one, but was fine for my purposes.

I used 3/4 inch plywood and doubled the thickness so the whole thing was about 1.5 inches thick. Used construction adhesive and screws to glue the two layers together.
Thanks guys for the encouragement, info and pictures.

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #28  
Can I ask you BX guys a question: on my B series the 3PH raise and lowers the MMM...which is probably why it was on the tractor when it was delivered. Do you who haven't mounted the 3PH yet have an MMM? If yes, what is the lifting mechanism? Sorry for the dumb question, but curiosity got the better of me....

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #29  
On my B, the lift arms that connect to the mower deck and raise and lower it are driven by a linkage that connects back to the lower 3ph arms.

The lift arms that connect to the deck on the BX are connected via their own linkage so they don't require the 3ph to be installed to function.

/ BX25 BH removal/install plus installing 3ph kit #30  
fredhardgis-
The BX lift mechanism is done by the top arms that connects to side rods to lower arms. basically the top arms is pushed up by a hydraulic rod.