Tractor
    mahindra 2816/FEL

Default Quick attach adapter

I am thinking having the quick attach option for the loader. Has anyone had any problems with theirs'?
    At my home I have no total flat place, Just dirt, unless I pour a slab, it seems that a quick attach would be cheaper and more useful. Any know of a after market quick attach adapter for a kubota?
    At what temperature do Kubota engines start having problems starting? When I asked the dealer, He said the the glow plugs took care of the problem.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Quick attach adapter

The low range for diesel engines is about 40-45 deg. F., colder and you need glow plugs.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

My L4400's loader is quick attach. I drop it frequently. Many times its dropped on unlevel dirt. I look for the best spot I can find. It never takes me more than a couple minutes to get it re-attached. After you do it a few times it becomes easy. Definitely not worth pouring a slab of concrete for that purpose alone.

Sorry, can't help you with the starting issue, my tractors are spoiled in a heated shop.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I may be misunderstanding you, but pretty much all Kubotas made within the last few years have easily dismount/mount FEL's. As mentioned, concrete is preferable, but I often use crushed rock or dirt if the dirt is firm or use boards if it is not. We have a BX2660, L5030 and M8540 and all the FEL's are easy to dismount/mount.
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Tractor
    Kubota B2601

Quote Originally Posted by scappoose View Post
    I am thinking having the quick attach option for the loader. Has anyone had any problems with theirs'?
    Any know of a after market quick attach adapter for a kubota?
    At what temperature do Kubota engines start having problems starting? When I asked the dealer, He said the the glow plugs took care of the problem.
    Not sure what you mean by quick attach? If you mean a skid steer type Q/A, it would depend on the model Kubota FEL that you have. When I owned a Kubota B3030 I had an ATI -Tach-All Q/A. My current GL3240 has the factory Kubota Q/A on it. They are very worth while if you have a FEL with enough lift capacity. Swapping bucket, to fork or grapple etc is a minute or less with a Q/A.

I use glow plugs for starting at all times. A block heater helps in the winter months to prewarm the engine and prevent wear as does synthetic engine oil.
    Kubota B2601 w/FEL & Q/A, 54" bucket,, snow plow, Bradco Pallet Forks, EA Grapple, EA Pine Straw Rake, Titan Stump Bucket, Titan 3pt pallet forks, Titan trailer mover, Turfco Aerator and Land Pride Pulverizer.
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff