Buying Advice Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller?

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #11  
What I've seen of Ansung loaders has been pretty disappointing.

For the cost difference, I'd bite the bullet and get the LA724. The loader is the heart of your tractor.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #12  
I bought my GL3940 new in August of 2009. I got a front blade for moving snow, but no loader, no need for one, could not afford (paid cash like you). As time went on, I found more and more need for a loader. In May of 2010 my local dealer priced me a LA724 quick attach with heavy duty bucket for $5000 including tax. In May of 2010 I found the same loader used from a dealer in Kentucky for $3000 no sales tax to pay. Finding this used loader at this price was very fortunate. I don't think I would have ever paid $5000 for a new one. Philip.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #13  
My old boss bought an L3400 with FEL and BH. He priced around, and the place he got it was the lowest, so he bought it there. He found out that it was lower because the FEL and BH was Ansung. He had continuous problems with the BH not staying up, and he had to tie up the stabilizer arms to keep them up. This was even when it was running, he would have to reach back and pull the levers to bring it back up. The dealership got it, worked on it, and brought it back. It was even worse than before, so he traded it in on a Kubota BH with $3000 upcharge. No more problems. It has been in his basement for a month and not leaked down.

Edit: He only traded the Ansung BH for the Kubota BH.

Last edited:
   / Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #14  
I have to agree with Messicks and Baby Grand, get the 724 loader. It's a nice bump up in lifting over the 514. Sooner or later you wish you had the larger loader.

I can't help you with the Ansung, never seen one. I would look into how they rate in lifting compared to the Kubota and how is the finish. For the kind of money you are talking about I would hate to have a loader with different paint fade years earlier than the rest of the tractor then try to sell it.

I know when I was looking at used seeing something like that gave me the impression that it was added after the fact or wasn't new when it was put on the tractor.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller?
Thanks again for everyone's input. After hearing your comments, I guess I'm now leaning more towards the Kubota FEL, although, for my needs, I don't know that I would need the extra lift of the 724. It looks like I've got a lot more thinking to do before I hand the dealer my money. :confused:

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #16  
Get the 724, you will not regret it.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #17  
Thanks again for everyone's input. After hearing your comments, I guess I'm now leaning more towards the Kubota FEL, although, for my needs, I don't know that I would need the extra lift of the 724. It looks like I've got a lot more thinking to do before I hand the dealer my money. :confused:

For us, it was not about lift etc., but quality; can't go wrong by buying quality.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #18  
Buy the Taylor Way Tiller, you wont regret it, it's US Made, Gear Driven and has 6 Tines per rotor, great bang for your buck!

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #19  
Not having had a loader before - it would be impossible to know you want the 724. Get it you will not regret it. Remind yourself that you will be using this equipment for many years and it does not cost alot over time.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #20  
I bought Ansung 1950QB about a year ago and I have been very satisfied with its quality. I researched a lot just as you did before buying, and after comparing 1950QB and LA724, I decided on Ansung's 1950QB. Not only is Ansung's product cheaper, but also Ansung has just as good quality as Kubota. I am surprised to see some users saying Ansung being third party because it has been very popular in Central America lately. There has been no problem with Ansung products that I have bought (I've also bought Rotary Tiller YJR074) and I am glad I got to save big money on these.

Good luck!