Buying Advice Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller?

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #1  

bigpoppa

Tractor
Kubota L3240
I've been reading the good advice in this forum and decided I would ask for your opinions on my new Kubota purchase. I am a homeowner with 4 acres and will be trading in a Ford 3000 that I've had for about 15 years for a Kubota L3240. I would like to get your thoughts on purchasing the Ansung 1950 loader vs the Kubota 514 loader. I would also appreciate any feedback or experience you've had with the Taylor-Way 962GDT-60 tiller.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #2  
I don't have any advice or experience with the accessories you are considering, sorry. I would suggest that if you are considering the zero interest financing by Kubota that you discuss this with your dealer before making any firm decisions. When I purchased my equipment, the dealer advised me that Kubota Financing would permit me to purchase and include in the financing only one third party implement since they would prefer to sell Kubota or LandPride equipment.

A loader is significantly more than a mower or boxblade, so I would be concerned that such an item may be more difficult to include in the financing package should it be third-party sourced.

That is my only thought regarding your decision given my lack of knowledge on the choices you are considering. Good Luck and I know you will enjoy the tractor regardless of which loader or tiller you select.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller?
Thanks for the response Johnrex62. I won't be doing any financing. I've been saving for quite some time for my new "toy". :) The dealer is not really pushing either loader, however the Ansung is cheaper by about $750. At first I was concerned that the Kubota warranty on the tractor might be voided if something happened that was caused by an aftermarket loader but I called Kubota and the warrantly guy said they would cover it.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #4  
I have the GL3940 with Kubota LA724 loader and QA bucket, similar setup that you are looking at. Kubota did a nice job integrating the loader into the tractor, I am not sure if it is worth $750 on a $25000 machine not to go with the oem loader. The quick attach loader to tractor is really nice. Philip.

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 393
   / Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #5  
Get the Kubota loader with the Skid Steer Quick attach. It will be worth 750 when you eventually get rid of it.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #6  
Thanks for the response Johnrex62. I won't be doing any financing. I've been saving for quite some time for my new "toy". :) The dealer is not really pushing either loader, however the Ansung is cheaper by about $750. At first I was concerned that the Kubota warranty on the tractor might be voided if something happened that was caused by an aftermarket loader but I called Kubota and the warrantly guy said they would cover it.

750 bucks wouldn't be enough to convert me. It'd have to be more like $2,000 probably.

If something goes wrong, now you have two parties that might try to blame each other. Whereas you KNOW the Kutoba FEL works & works great & works great with your tractor, & if something goes wrong, only one call to make.

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #7  
Don't know if your Ford has a loader or not, but most everyone who has a loader says it's about the most useful single attachment you can have on a utility tractor. Even those who didn't think they needed one find out pretty quick that it is useful for about a thousand things they never even thought of previously. With that in mind, I'd lean toward a product that was designed specifically for my tractor but I can't tell you what to do. I can understand wanting to save some $$$ in today's economy and the Ansung is likely a decent enough product, and you should also consider parts availability, resale value, ease of use and performance. I understand Ansung loaders are original equipment for some of the smaller brands... search the Century/Branson section, for example, for more info. Does your dealer have an Ansung you could actually see and demo to see how it works vs. the Kubota one? Maybe if you posted something in the general "Owning/Operating" or "Attachments" sections, someone who actually has an Ansung FEL would give you their feedback. Good luck with your FEL decision... you're going to like the new tractor!

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller?
Thanks for all for your comments and advice. As info, my Ford doesn't have a loader and that's why I'm trading it in. As Grandad4 said, I have found that there are all kinds of situations where I could use a loader. I haven't actually tried either one yet but the dealer has both available so I will do that before making a final decision. beppinton makes a good point too about only having to call one number if there are any problems. I would like to find someone who has had actual field experience with the Ansung so 'll take a look at some of the other forums too as suggested. Thanks again!

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #9  
Johnrex62 makes an important point regarding selection/financing. If you get the Kubota loader, then I think you could finance everything at 0%. Depending on the price this could save you a substantial amout over the period of the loan.

I'll throw in another wrinkle for you to consider - the LA724 loader is an option for the L3240 and one that I strongly suggest you consider. It's a much more powerful loader and will make your machine much more capable, especially if you ever get forks for the FEL.

-Jim

/ Ansung or Kubota loader? Taylor Way tiller? #10  
There are some good third party loaders and some not so much. We "saved" some money up front in 98 with a third party loader and when we traded the tractor a few months ago, it was junk and the money "saved" actually cost us.

I don't know anything about Ansung so my only advice is if you go third party, be sure it is as good or better than OEM and accept that even then it might hurt your resale.

The L3240 is a really nice little tractor and the utility of a FEL simply cannot be overstated.