Buying Advice BX1850?

/ BX1850?
I will make sure to heed the advice. If those issues prove to be more than I am willing to settle with (reverse stop and plastic body) what would be another comparable alternative? Remember, I only have .6 acres and will be using it for landscaping projects around the house. I really don't want to go bigger than a sub-compact unless I have to. Thank you for the input and advice. This will probably my most informed purchase next to my house thanks to all the feed back.

/ BX1850? #22  
I will make sure to heed the advice. If those issues prove to be more than I am willing to settle with (reverse stop and plastic body) what would be another comparable alternative? Remember, I only have .6 acres and will be using it for landscaping projects around the house. I really don't want to go bigger than a sub-compact unless I have to. Thank you for the input and advice. This will probably my most informed purchase next to my house thanks to all the feed back.

Tha alternative is to avoid anything BXxx50. there are older and newer series that don't have these issues if you are wanting to stay Kubota Subcompact.

The other BX series are BXxx00, BXxx30, both older and BXxx60 which is newer.

Good hunting,

/ BX1850? #23  
Test drive before you buy.....when I was looking last year, this site was so valuable. I test drove the BX24 and as everyone said the abrupt stop was very noticeable and I ended up spending about 1200. more for the BX25 but well worth the money. Good luck and don't forget to post pictures

/ BX1850? #24  
With all due respect to everyone about the abrupt stop...Let up on the pedal slower and you'll be fine. It will be your machine and you'll have nothing to compare it to, so you'll adapt to it.

Everyone said that my RTV1100 would throw you through the windshied when you let off the gas. True the first couple of times, but I got used to it and it's no issue.

A BX is fine for anything from 1/2 acre to 3 acres and most likely more. Great machines, almost a mini farm tractor for your purposes. Go for it. You'll love it.

As far as chippers and such, the cover has never been off of my rear PTO, so I can't speak to that.

/ BX1850?
So I got to a Kubota dealer and got to see a BX1850 up close. Absolutely perfect for my purposes. I love the compact size and you can't beat Kubota orange. However I am in Arizona and he looked at me funny when I asked how much they cost new with a MMM and turf tires. Apparently they don't get much grass here in Arizona, who would have guessed. So anyways, with out any implements they are running just shy of $13,000. however he did say they offer 5 yrs 0% interest. I discussed the reverse problem, and I agree, since it is a HST, just like my mom's older Deere mower, if you let up fast, it stops fast. I work in aviation, and hydraulics is something I understand. So I think that could be a minimal concern. But however I appreciate the input and will investigate further prior to purchasing, as I am the one with out the tractor and asking you all for advice. He did caution me however, which could be a sales tactic (however he has nothing to gain since I won't be buying here), about individuals selling items that they still owe money on. As I understood, tractors don't have a registration, so I will have to do some research prior to purchasing from an individual. Any advice from experience? Thanks again for all the input.

/ BX1850? #26  
He did caution me however, which could be a sales tactic (however he has nothing to gain since I won't be buying here), about individuals selling items that they still owe money on. As I understood, tractors don't have a registration, so I will have to do some research prior to purchasing from an individual. Any advice from experience? Thanks again for all the input.

Put a statement in the bill of sale that he is selling it free of any encumbrances/debts, or he has clear title. Not a lawyer, but this should give you some coverage I would think. The other option would be to get the serial number and call Kubota Finance and have them run the SN before you pick it up.

/ BX1850? #27  
Each state usually has an office where liens are recorded for tractors. Ask a dealer where he/she checks for liens against equipment or where they record liens.

/ BX1850? #28  
After about 20 hours, the abrupt stop syndrome seems to disappear because you learn how to drive the thing.

/ BX1850? #29  
Personally, I don't think the plastic hood and fenders are an "issue" as a few have stated. Plastic doesn't rust or dent. It may crack with a severe hit but it's very durable.

The "abrupt reverse stop" is another story. Even though I've had my tractor for 2 1/2 years, this issue still exists for me. I rarely use high range because of this. The only time I use high range is when using my drag harrow in my pastures, no reverse is used.

/ BX1850? #30  
After about 20 hours, the abrupt stop syndrome seems to disappear because you learn how to drive the thing.
Not true. I did over 20 hours and it did not disappear, it became more noticeable. I've bought/owned eleven Kubotas and one of them was a BX2350, it was not right and I knew it was not right and I got rid of it. I also never drove it in high speed, it would have been to painful. You guys that have them is OK by me but to imply or tell other potential buyers that they are not wrong is a disservice to this forum or the people coming to this forum for honest experienced information. Out of 5 BX's I owned or own,, it's the only one that stopped so abrupt in reverse.