Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah!

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah!
Thanks! A BH65 is next on the list but I will have to do some saving, they don't come cheap.

Are there any (cheap) updates I should consider? I was thinking of welding some hooks on the FEL so that I can lift some stiff with a chain.

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #12  
Thanks! A BH65 is next on the list but I will have to do some saving, they don't come cheap.

Are there any (cheap) updates I should consider? I was thinking of welding some hooks on the FEL so that I can lift some stiff with a chain.

Congratulations on your new tractor.:thumbsup:

I really like bucket hooks though I don't have them on all my tractors. You might need to reinforce the lip of your loader if you do. We have bent the bucket on larger tractors; maybe someone with a B can advise.

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #13  
Nice! I've got one just like it and I love it. Mine has R1's but I chose them because of my soil type and the jobs I use it for. What kind of attachments are you going to be running with it?

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #14  
Congratulations! Pretty color!:thumbsup:

Just a FEL for now (an a ballast box, but that is probably not what you mean by attachment).

It is basically the only attachment I have. :eek: But I am sure many will follow.
A friend of mine has a bush hog which I am planning on using.

My lawn is too cluttered to get the most out of a MMM, so I will probably skip that one.

I am planning to put it through it's paces in my woods. There is a lot to be done there. I started making a path, but I had to stop because I lacked the tools/toys to get it done. I want to go up a rocky hill and I will have to dump a lot of dirt and rocks to make it less steep.

A backhoe would really come in handy, but I want to wait with that purchase until I recuperate from this one. There are also a lot of tree stumps I would like to dig out.

A front mount snow blower would be nice, but I think I will manage this season with my plow/4 wheeler and the loader on the tractor.

Thing is with attachments is that they really add up and I am pretty much broke for now :ashamed:
That's why I am looking into cheap upgrades (hooks, hitches and such) to make my machine as versatile as possible.

Suggestions are more then welcome !!
Although I think the possibilities are limited by my lake of experience and knowledge, not by the capabilities of my little orange friend.
7.gif

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #17  
Yeah, attachments aren't cheap. Over the years you will build up your collection. If you are buying a ballast box with the tractor you may consider getting a box blade instead. A box blade makes a good counterweight and can be used to get a lot of work done unlike a ballast box. Happy tractoring!

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #18  
Yeah, attachments aren't cheap. Over the years you will build up your collection. If you are buying a ballast box with the tractor you may consider getting a box blade instead. A box blade makes a good counterweight and can be used to get a lot of work done unlike a ballast box. Happy tractoring!

That is my recommendation/suggestion also. I still don't have a ballast box though we will make one out of a 55 gallon drum and concrete for our M8540.

If the box blade alone is not heavy enough, additional weight can be added and a good bb can be bought pretty reasonably priced for this size tractor.

That might be an idea, thanks.
I'll pop over to the dealer and suggest that.
But is a box blade not a lot more expensive then a ballast box? I got the ballast box for something like $100. I imagine a box blade would be a lot more, even if they discount it.

/ Just bought myself a new Kubotaaaaah! #20  
That might be an idea, thanks.
I'll pop over to the dealer and suggest that.
But is a box blade not a lot more expensive then a ballast box? I got the ballast box for something like $100. I imagine a box blade would be a lot more, even if they discount it.

I have never seen a ballast box that cheap, so yes a box scraper will cost more. I would still consider putting the $100 towards a "cheap" box blade. I would check some places other than your dealer such as TSC or other discount dealer. I got an LMC for my BX.