New Grand L's

/ New Grand L's #1  

cnoel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Anything Orange
New Grand L\'s

Ooooh, my first very own post! I know everyone has been curious to see all the new models and Kubota has finally come thru. Go to kubota.com to see the new models on their newly designed website. I know the old website was a bit of a letdown, but they've got it right this time. Very nice and a lot of good info on the new Grand L's, I haven't checked out the other models yet. Happy Tractorin', Christa

/ New Grand L's #2  
Re: New Grand L\'s

Hey Christa, its been awhile. I went to the Kubota "30 series" site, its about time eh? The new smaller 3130 and 3430 with the LA 723 loader will certainly be something the competion will have to consider. For a small tractor, the loaders capacities are great. For the most part, the changes are cosmetic as far as looks with some exceptions. The 3 pt hitch is now external cylinder(s) controlled. The seat is deluxe including armrests, mid PTO on all models, access is even easier to the engine, and the loader for all up to the L 4330 is increased considerably, that is to me the biggest factor of them all. The new dash is probably going to appeal to a lot of folks, besides having gobs of info, it gives you ground speed. For me, its pretty much give me a fuel gauge and temp gauge and I'm happy. The engines and drivetrain have not been touched and thats a great thing. They were fantastic before and now you can have the confidence that they will not be subject to new unknown weaknesses. I think Kubota got a hold of M Chalkey and put some of his old L4310 ideas to use on these tractors. Good job Kubota.... they are nice, Rat...

/ New Grand L's #3  

The site IS great. I think it would even be better with nice photos of the individual models.

But is sure is a big improvement over the old stuff (site-wise) Maybe this will continue a trend here the manufactures put a little effort in their websites.

A welcome improvement.

Oh, and tractors look great. too...

/ New Grand L's #4  

If you research a bit, you'll find that when Kubota picks a JD or NH to compare its model to, they pick one that is obviously smaller in displacement and size. Why do they do this? Maybe their tractors have "intelligent brains" but their marketers are lacking in such. Be sure you compare apples to apples and don't just believe the Kubota websight.
Kyle

/ New Grand L's #5  

Yes, it helps me to switch between Kubotas compare and JD's. Deere seems prone to just leave off a spec. But you can usually fill in the blanks yourself. Or, build your own, with option pricing. Say if a piece is an option in brand X, but standard on Y, X might still be a better deal. Especially if X Dealer knows its on Y and you could go there...Caveat Emptor

But when you look at displacement, Kubota seems to be notching theirs up.

/ New Grand L's #6  

I think one must compare horsepower and tractor size not dispalcement. If this were not the case, I could not compare my 3/4 ton Ford diesel (7.3) to a 3/4 ton Dodge diesel (5.9)Kubotas engines in the new Grand L line are the same as has been in the older Grand L with the exception of the newest, the 5030 which utilizes the same engine as the L48 basically. Kubotas have traditionally had slightly larger displacement then their direct competitors, but then its a differently designed diesel and at the very least, built and designed by Kubota for Kubota to work well with their tractor. I trust JD and NH to select the appropriate diesel from Yanmar and Shibura respectively for their tractors. If you are one that places more importance on displacement then your going to be confused when it comes to picking tractors. When I look at tractors, the HP gets me to a general starting point, I look at the features and loader, placing far more importance on them, displacement is way down on the list. Rat...

/ New Grand L's #7  

I was pointing out that if you look at the models Kubota marketeers use for comparison, they are the competitors models which are slightly smaller displacement; and voila, Botas are stronger! But in the next chart are the next size larger competitors machines with much closer specs; except now they are matched up to an, again, larger Kubota.

I don't have anything against Kubota. It is the Marketing Departments job to sell the product, putting it in the best light. Its my job as a consumer to get the facts and make an informed choice.

I am only addressing the comparison chart, NOT the products. All said and done, I think I like the JD Comparator a little better, that gives me a little more flexibility in selecting models to compare.

But really, its no big deal.

/ New Grand L's #8  

RockyRidge, actually it was not your comment that sparked my comment, but rather, Kyle in Texas. I replyed to you but should have hit the reply on Kyles post. Several days ago it was mentioned by him that Kubota tends to be smaller in displacement (see 4310 VS 4410), now they are bigger but compared in the wrong category. You are correct, no question about it. You do need to fill in some blanks yourself. JD has a great website and arguably the best of the 3 major brands we have been discussing, JD's loader information is lacking the last time I used it though and that is a very important area for many. Even the JD XX10 brochure I have has no specifications on the various loaders. One of the differences with Kubota was the wide variations in the loaders available for the Grand L's. The new Grand 30's dropped it to just 3 and for all practical purposes, it should only be 2. The difference is, the 3130, 3430, and 3830 now have available to them a loader that is more powerful then what was on the old 4310. When it comes to the loaders once you get to the Grand L's, its tough to beat the Kubotas, both in specs and in overall build design, they are heavier and no doubt put in more steel. Maybe the extra steel is not needed, but then, I'm not all that gentle to them and use them considerably. I tend to think of the L4630 and L4330 compares to the 4710, 4610 and the 4510 that JD has, the Kubota L3830, L3430 and L3130 as being more in the JD 4310 and 4410. But like you said, its not a big deal and undoubtly you'll have to understand an exact comparison is not going to be made. For the most part, my experience tells me the small HP increases from one frame size to the next comparable frame size is just not that big of a deal either, IE, the JD 4310 vs. the JD 4410 or Kubotas L4330 and the L4630. There are times I've been on a tractor and wished for more power, more often then not 3 or 4 HP just wasn't the increase I had in mind, perhaps 15 or 20 HP. Anyway, your point is well taken and if Kubota gets the hang of website building, perhaps then we can get less spin and more meat. Rat...

/ New Grand L's #10  

Thank you Christa for pointing out the new site _ It IS much better, (not perfect- whose is?), and the new tractors sure do look NICE