Buying Advice Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #21  
We have a 1987 Massey Ferguson 375 that we have run from day one with Ags on the front and turfs on the rear and we haven't had any issues. I am not recommending it, only saying if you size the tires correctly it can work.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #22  
We have a 1987 Massey Ferguson 375 that we have run from day one with Ags on the front and turfs on the rear and we haven't had any issues. I am not recommending it, only saying if you size the tires correctly it can work.

While this is absolutely true, I don't think that there are any Ag's that will match up with the R4's. May be close, but not an exact match.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #23  
Still not here....
Looking for advice from you guys, how long should something like this take?

I ordered the tractor on the 17th last month. My dealer said it was going to probably arive on Dec 3rd, it didn't, then he said they were shipping it, on the 9th, and they'd have it on the 10th, and would have it ready by the 14th (tomorrow). So I call today to see how things are going, they shipped the wrong tractor, they are going to ship it on the 15th, which means it might arive the 16th or 17th, plus 2-3 days for assembly... and they don't have the r4 front tires or rims, so I will be borrowing front Ag tires and rims till probably January till they get them.

I'm not buying a tractor for my enjoyment, my old one is down, and I need it to feed the family.
Being in business I understand problems, and have had people get very upset at me for things that just happen and are out of my hands. So before I start getting upset at my dealer, and start putting some demands out, I want to know if I'd be right in doing that, or if 1-1.5 months for a order is normal? This is the first brand new purchase I've ever made on a piece of equipment of this caliber... so thanks in advace for the advice!

Sorry to hear about the delay. Hope things work out. Did you buy from a local dealer?

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #24  
While this is absolutely true, I don't think that there are any Ag's that will match up with the R4's. May be close, but not an exact match.

You may very well be correct as I am certainly no expert. My experience is that "close" may be good enough. We don't change all four tires on any of our tractors as the fronts seem to wear out quicker, so when we put new tires on the front or back, the circumference is not going to match like when all are new.

I "guess" the question is "how close is close enough"?

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #25  
You may very well be correct as I am certainly no expert. My experience is that "close" may be good enough. We don't change all four tires on any of our tractors as the fronts seem to wear out quicker, so when we put new tires on the front or back, the circumference is not going to match like when all are new.

I "guess" the question is "how close is close enough"?

I will agree with you there, a lot of times close is close enough, especially on the dirt. From what I have seen and looked for, for my 7520 is that the diameter of the casing is very close, but then the depth of the tread comes into play and I could not find an exact match for total diameter. :(
In all reality, close most likely is close enough. The problem that I see is that the dealer is not going to have that close enough tire and will put on anything that will bolt on that he happens to have. :mad:

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #26  
I will agree with you there, a lot of times close is close enough, especially on the dirt. From what I have seen and looked for, for my 7520 is that the diameter of the casing is very close, but then the depth of the tread comes into play and I could not find an exact match for total diameter. :(
In all reality, close most likely is close enough. The problem that I see is that the dealer is not going to have that close enough tire and will put on anything that will bolt on that he happens to have. :mad:

That may very well be the case which would certainly be problematic.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...
He's got a couple M7040's with Ags that he was going to use for my tractor, but I think the Ags are taller.

I'd really just rather not do the Ags, what is the probability that they don't have a set in CA? And even if they don't, shouldn't he be able to get a set rush ordered?
Said it could take 2 weeks to a month, which in Dealer language means at least a month if not more...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #28  
He's got a couple M7040's with Ags that he was going to use for my tractor, but I think the Ags are taller.

I'd really just rather not do the Ags, what is the probability that they don't have a set in CA? And even if they don't, shouldn't he be able to get a set rush ordered?
Said it could take 2 weeks to a month, which in Dealer language means at least a month if not more...

When we bought our M8540 this summer, I wanted the cast wheels, but was told it would take four to six weeks to get them, so I took the tractor without them as like you our old tractor had gone toes up and we needed one NOW.

How about if he would just let you use a full set of Ags until yours come in?

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #29  
Do you realize that Ag tires come in "low profile". The lower the tractor by several inches although I didn't measure it exactly.

When I got my M7040 my dealer tried to get me to buy them - guess they had been sitting around in the back for a while.

They are used on M tractors in orchards around here. The "narrow" M tractors are interesting as well and also used for orchards.