Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3600

Default Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

I have been looking into the M7040 for a few weeks now, it seems like the best tractor for my work. I do a lot of weedabatement, debris and tree removal stuff, and I also do dirt work here and there.

I have a L3600 right now that I will sell and put towards the new one. The problems I have had with the L3600 I'll list, things I want to avoid with the new one.
    Overheating due to rapid clogging of the radiator while mowing (constantly blowing it off with a leaf blower, and washing it on a daily basis.)
    Damage from debris coming from below to radiator, fan, oil filter, etc. Any kind of Armor availible?
    Damage to the body of the engine compartment on sides and top. Armor question again?
    Front tires going flat while carrying heavy bucket loads on slopes.

So advice on what to do on the M7040 that might make those problems go away?

This is the set up I'm thinking about, advice on some gizmo/attachment I'm forgetting, anything you got

M7040HD-1

Optional Valves - 3 remote valves
    Downexhaust Pipe w/ spark arrester
    Grill Guard
    Loader
    4 in 1 Loader Bucket
    Third Function Control Valve
    Single Lever Value Hose Quick Coupler
    Backhoe Type - 11' Digging Depth w/ aux
    Backhoe Bucket
    Backhoe Stabilizer Cylinder Cover
    Backhoe Quick Coupler
    Rubber Stabilizer Flip Pad
    Backhoe Thumb
    Tortella flail mower
    JD Grapple Bucket

Any recomendations on a good gannon with rippers for this setup?

Also, I'd like to get the quick attach set up in this video
    YouTube - kubota M7040
    instead of the 3 point quick attach set up. I can't find those anywhere, anyone used them, like them? The video is in german, but you can see what I'm talking about.

I know that's a lot, but thanks in advance

Default Re: Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

The quick attach in the video is very similar to the Pat's system. It is sold here on TBN in the Attachments section - see the sticky.

Not too sure about the backhoe set up. I considered it but for the price (well - close) was able to pick up a used L48. The M7040 seemed too tall and without the hydraulic output that can be had with a BH-dedicated machine.

The emphasis on armor may be a bit excessive. These tractors are made to hold up and are fairly bulletproof as is. Much of my work is the same as yours and there have been no problems. The grill guard does have a bend in it from a tree removal but that is why it is there.

If by a "gannon" you mean a box blade/scraper, I have a 88" Gannon 4G4 that works great. The hydraulics of a Top & Tilt would work well with it but a T&T is not included in your list. A T&T is very useful if you intend to plow as well.
    2009 Kubota M7040, R1s, LA1153 FEL, fork lift, 3 rear remotes, T&T
    2002 Kubota L48 TLB, 12", 18", 24" HD buckets
    2001 Kubota BX2200, Turf, LA211 FEL
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

We have an M8540 which is pretty similar to the M7040 and agree with GW, no real need for armor; don't know much about the other stuff.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota L3600

Got it ordered, pretty excited. I did not get the backhoe yet, it was around $17,000 with the frame installed... I'm thinking of maybe getting a used kubota mini excavator instead, what do you guys think. I can't convince myself that $17,000 is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by budcampo View Post
    Got it ordered, pretty excited. I did not get the backhoe yet, it was around $17,000 with the frame installed... I'm thinking of maybe getting a used kubota mini excavator instead, what do you guys think. I can't convince myself that $17,000 is worth it.
    You are right. Good choice. Get a dedicated digging machine. You won't regret it.
    7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, LandPride RCR2596 cutter, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 4' Bush Hog cutter, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, lots of misc.

Tractor
    Kubota

Congratulations on your M7040. Don't forget to post pics when you get it.
    Feel free to visit my metal building thread here on TBN. Leave a comment or two

Honda CRF450
    Kawasaki Mule 610 4X4 XC
    Kubota M7040 HDC-1
    -Kubota LA 1153 FEL with 72" QA with Grill guard
    -Air ride seat
    -Cast iron rims, R1's - Loaded.
    -Two remotes (SCD & FD)
    -Land Pride RCR2672 6' Cutter
    -Land Pride MRL3572 6' Box scraper

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by budcampo View Post
    Any recomendations on a good gannon with rippers for this setup?
    Since your in Calif, Gearmore is probably going to be your best bet. A real Gannon would be the best, but the Chino shop was closed up and now the Gannon's come from the Mid West.

http://www.gearmore.com/products/Pg75-79_2010.pdf scroll to the bottom, I would think that either a 4G4 or 4G5 series would be the best for you.

As far as a quick hitch, these are the best IMO Customer Testimonials on the Delta Hook Rapid 3 Point Hitch System
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Oops, my "gannon" is indeed a Gearmore 4G4.

Almost any tractor dealer in CA can get one. Your dealer may give you a break on the price since the tractor was just purchased there. An 88" model will cover the tire tracks.

The hydraulic rippers are a real convienince along with the Top & Tilt. You will need the three remotes to make it work.

Gearmore also sells a Cat 2 Top & Tilt kit. My dealer gave me a break and installed it for free when the tractor was purchased. The dealer has to custom make the hoses for a perfect fit.

Tractor
    Kubota L3600

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Since your in Calif, Gearmore is probably going to be your best bet. A real Gannon would be the best, but the Chino shop was closed up and now the Gannon's come from the Mid West.

http://www.gearmore.com/products/Pg75-79_2010.pdf scroll to the bottom, I would think that either a 4G4 or 4G5 series would be the best for you.

As far as a quick hitch, these are the best IMO Customer Testimonials on the Delta Hook Rapid 3 Point Hitch System

Thank you for the response, I hadn't seen the Delta Hook attachment, that is exactly what I want, thanks for the info!!!

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

I agree, top and tilt would be a great addition to your tractor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast