This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
I love my B3030. Power is great, size is great. I love the open station in the summer, as where I live, it doesn't get very hot.

Winter is another story, though. Sure, I have all the gear, but every winter, I long for a cab. I use a mini ex every summer and fall, and am not a particular fan of the cab in the nice weather, hence my decision to buy another open station tractor in 2008. But I am really getting tired of plowing snow and working in the rain with the open station machine. Guess I'm getting old, and I keep thinking about how much worse I'm going to be complaining as I get even older and wimpy-er. :ashamed:

So, I am considering adding a Laurin cab to my machine, or simply trading my machine in on a leftover new B3030 and adding the new BH77 backhoe. I guess I will go with whichever option is less expensive. Waiting on a price from a local dealer on the new machine. Got a price on the Laurin cab delivered at just about $8k. Ouch :eek:

Just seems a bit silly to move laterally, size & power-wise, just to get a cab because I'm getting older and turning into a bit of a wuss. But my machine is the perfect size for my personal needs and for the small amount of outside work I do, as I have partnered up with a guy that has a mini-ex and a skid steer, so my B3030 fits a perfect niche for what we need to do on paying jobs.

Anyway, I just thought I'd see what other folks have to say about this ridiculous :ashamed: exercise I'm going through. Then again, I may get a final price after trade-in that makes me say forget it, suck it up, and bundle up and keep the open station machine you big baby.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #2  
I love my B3030. But I am really getting tired of plowing snow and working in the rain with the open station machine. Guess I'm getting old,

Need I say more????????

Attachments

• 100_1409.jpg
    100_1409.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 100_1346.jpg
    100_1346.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 436
   / This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #3  
The whole reason I ended up in my 3030 cab was because I priced an aftermarket cab for by B2400. You are preaching to the choir here my friend ! My advice is......... trade for the B3030HSDCC. The laurin cabs are beautiful, but 5 - 8 grand and you still have no A/C ??? The Curtis and Simms are decent, but by the time you account for all the options like headliner, work lights, heat, etc, you are well within a grand of the factory cab...... and that was installing myself. Again, no A/C. Any chance you could save a buck by keeping your current hoe?

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #4  
The whole reason I ended up in my 3030 cab was because I priced an aftermarket cab for by B2400. You are preaching to the choir here my friend ! My advice is......... trade for the B3030HSDCC. The laurin cabs are beautiful, but 5 - 8 grand and you still have no A/C ??? The Curtis and Simms are decent, but by the time you account for all the options like headliner, work lights, heat, etc, you are well within a grand of the factory cab...... and that was installing myself. Again, no A/C. Any chance you could save a buck by keeping your current hoe?

Along the same lines, I ditched my JD 790 when all I could get for it was a crappy Sims cab with vinyl doors and no heat for the in the ridiculous neighborhood of $3 large.
Nice to blow snow in a sweatshirt no matter the weather outside. That function works very well on the HSDCC. I've also used the A/C when brush hogging more than I ever thought I would.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario
Again, no A/C. Any chance you could save a buck by keeping your current hoe?

AC isn't really necessary where I am, unless I start doing more work down the hill during the summer months, which I guess is possible - so far, most of it has been in the high country, but the guy I'm working with is picking up more work in 100* summer country, so I'd be liking the cab for that work if it increases.

Can't keep the BH75 - won't work with the factory cab. The new BH77 works with the factory cab. The Laurin cab works with my BH75. Of course, the new BH77 has the curved boom and the built-in thumb bracket, both of which I will make good use of. And I could see a hydraulic thumb conversion at some point. The straight boom can be problematic in some digging situations.

Another nice thing is the cab version will fit a little better in my attached garage, so I'll end up with 2 possible parking spaces. However, I now transport the tractor for paying jobs in my enclosed trailer, which won't work with a cabbed machine, so I'll have to pick up yet another trailer (flatbed), since the flatbed I now have and need for other tasks is too small for the B3030.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #6  
AC isn't really necessary where I am, unless I start doing more work down the hill during the summer months, which I guess is possible - so far, most of it has been in the high country, but the guy I'm working with is picking up more work in 100* summer country, so I'd be liking the cab for that work if it increases.

I assure you that you will use the A/C quite a bit if your tractor has it.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #7  
You will find a cab collects a lot of heat, so I would definitely recommend one equipped with an AC.

I admit freely to being a wuss and will never buy another open station if a cabbed model is available.

I do have a couple of old open station tractors for working in the woods etc.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #8  
A few years ago, during a particularly bad winter day, I was clearing my driveway when I saw my neighbor shoveling his. I drove up and made quick work of clearing it. When I was done he came up to me and thanked me profusely for helping him out. I opened the door of my tractor, heat and music floated out into the winter air, and I said "no problem". You'll love the cab in the winter!

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #9  
Nice to see you around Bandit. I think that the dogs can give you all the fresh air that you need in the winter. I don't think that moving to a cabbed tractor is a lateral move at all. Whether the new features you need are a cab, more hp, larger, (or smaller) size, or whatever, the point is that you are moving to something that suits your well thought out needs defines. I know you from your last upgrade, and know that you choose wisely for those needs. Go for it.

/ This might be a stupid B3030 trade-in scenario #10  
You will find a cab collects a lot of heat, so I would definitely recommend one equipped with an AC.

First year with my 3030 cab I thought that I'd get by with removing the doors for the summer. After a month or so I put them back on and started using the A/C.
As I've stated elsewhere on the forum, my only cab issue has been hydro whine/engine noise drowning out the stereo when working at rated speed. Sounds like bandit uses his 3030 for some real work so stereo probably wouldn't be an issue.