best compact tractor loader lift?

/ best compact tractor loader lift? #1  

ecoscaper

I'm getting ready to upgrade from my Kubota L3830, wanted to stick with a compact tractor just with more power and lift. But as I look down the road I can see more construction and heavier duty land work. I've been looking at the tlbs Kubota and JD110, no cab for Kubota l48,59, Cab option for 110 does exist now. But arrrghh I'm so used to a tractor, so I've tried the 60hp models from Kubota and JD, have not tried the jd110 yet,

Does anyone know a compact tractor with more loader lift than the rest? I may just be having a hard time letting go of the tractor and moving up to construction grade equipment, just figured I ask! I like that the JD110 has 3pthtch option and pto, but nervous about the sluggish moving for larger area jobs and the lower hp.. Thanks for any ideas

/ best compact tractor loader lift? #2  
The Kubota L853 loader is a big jump from your 723, you won't find much stronger in the compacts.

The Kubota L48/59 have cabs available aftermarket that are nice, Laurin makes some.

Otherwise you need to move bigger than a compact!

/ best compact tractor loader lift? #3  
Have to agree with Slowzuki. Sure it's possible to put more hydraulics on a compact tractor so you boost the FEL performance. But there is a price to be paid for doing that, because everything else needs to be made bigger and heavier also so it will not fail under the added stress... axles, frames, drivetrains, etc. Pretty soon you no longer have a "compact"; it's more like a full sized TLB that weighs 15,000 lb., or at least you're looking at the JD 110, L48 and M59 class of machines. The higher hp Grand L's are a pretty good balance of capability vs. size and cost, but if you're planning to do dirt work commercially, it's probably best to get equipment specifically designed for that type of work.

/ best compact tractor loader lift? #4  
I'm getting ready to upgrade from my Kubota L3830, wanted to stick with a compact tractor just with more power and lift. But as I look down the road I can see more construction and heavier duty land work. I've been looking at the tlbs Kubota and JD110, no cab for Kubota l48,59, Cab option for 110 does exist now. But arrrghh I'm so used to a tractor, so I've tried the 60hp models from Kubota and JD, have not tried the jd110 yet,

Does anyone know a compact tractor with more loader lift than the rest? I may just be having a hard time letting go of the tractor and moving up to construction grade equipment, just figured I ask! I like that the JD110 has 3pthtch option and pto, but nervous about the sluggish moving for larger area jobs and the lower hp.. Thanks for any ideas

The strongest lift on the loader of the ones you mentioned (L48, M59, JD110), would be the M59, which is approx 4k at the pivot pins. It also weighs the most (about 1k more than the other 2). All three have PTO and 3PTs. They're all nice machines...I'm not sure if I'd still call them "compact" but I guess you could. You can get an aftermarket cab for the M59 for about 10K

If you really want more loader than that, you might want to consider a bigger ag tractor, a full size backhoe, a big skid steer, or an articulated loader.

What type of materials do you want to move?

/ best compact tractor loader lift? #5  
To lift more you need to weigh more. If you weigh more you need beefier parts to handle the weight. My Case will lift twice what your 3830 will but I rarely move it off my land as it's not something you can pull behind a 1 ton. Also with that weight comes at the cost of being able to use it in uneven terrain or in muddy conditions. I think your best bet is to decide what tasks you want to do then find the tractor that will do them. If you're looking for a little more then I would say step up to a 4240 (or larger Grand L).

/ best compact tractor loader lift?
Thanks for the info guys! About a month ago I started this quest, 0% financing big motivator if I go new.. I was originally interested in the M6040, my dealer thought it'd be great for what I do, land work, stonewalls and patios, driveways, brushogging etc., most jobs are on big properties out in the country, so the bigger tractor model dosen't scare me too much. Towing's a concern but I think its doable with the F350 and the right trailer. If the M59 came with the cab I'd buy it now but I don't think they'll bundle up the aftermarket cab in the financing. Tried a few skidsteers, wouldn't want to run one all day, if I did more with pavers and palletized stone 3000lbs pallets I'd lean towards skid more but I deal more with rebuilding old stonewalls and large natural patio stone delivered in loose bulk. What I'm hearing about the JD110 is the backhoe is great but the bucket is a little weak, got to try one out still. I still have to try the M6040 tried the L 57 was nice but just don't want to regret not going more heavy duty. Got to put the L 57 next to the M60 to really see the difference. I've looked at the Cats smaller loader backhoe but so heavy and pricey, not quite ready for that!

/ best compact tractor loader lift?
I would be an M59 buyer if it came with cab- Can't justify a 10k cab add on, and Kubota I assume wouldn't add the aftermarket cab in the financing? Still have to check out the JD110, it comes with a cab now but the low hp bothers me. Time is running out, I've been researching the heck out of this for awhile now, it'll be a relief when I make a final decision, my girlfriend ll be relieved as well!