trade in

/ trade in #1  

spo307

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4400
what would the trade in price be on an 09 L4400 hst 130 hrs, loaded tires, remote in front, two rear remotes, loader, b/h, I am in ny, was thinking of trading in for a closed cab. bit more hp, and buy a mini excavator, ny region, I know its a lot to ask just wanted to know would I get spanked or can it be a good deal? thanks

/ trade in #2  
Bend over for a spanking... :eek:

/ trade in #4  
I only have experience with 2-3 examples around me, but it seemed to be in the 20-22% less than what the dealer would hope to sell it for. So a tractor they would resell for $11,000 would get a trade in offer of $8600-$8800. I got that info from folks trying to sell me their CUT. I admit the dealers have to make money to stay in business, but that's would be a bit too much loss for me, so I don't blame these guys for trying to sell it on their own. It may be quite different in your neck of the woods, tho.

/ trade in #5  
I pretty much agree with Fred above. A dealer isn't going to tie up his money unless he can make a few grand on the process. So, a trade in is basically a wholesale deal. For the loss of funds, you gain instant gratification and the deal is done.

If you sell yourself, you can likely split the difference between trade in (wholesale) and what the dealer can get (dealer retail).

You'll pocket $1500 to $2000. Now, you'll have to work for that money, it isn't "free". You'll have the inconvenience, leg work and effort of doing the sale yourself. You will have to decide which way you want to go.

/ trade in #7  
I would guess low 20's. The best you will do is retail (The price you or the dealer would sell it for minus 1000). Some dealers don't want used stuff so they will take that retail price and subtract 3000-4000. I would try emailing Barlows.

/ trade in
thanks for the info. I have a kubota loan, the machine was 36k put down 12k, 60 month zero intrest

/ trade in #9  
I would keep it and get some time on it. Your looking at over a $100.00 pr hr it would cost you.