Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp?

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #21  
<font color=blue>Remember, all tractors do the same thing, the larger ones just can handle larger implements. </font color=blue>

Not true in all cases...

I found out there are situations in which there is no substitute for sheer mass and hydraulic output. I loved my little B1750, but it had a very hard time handling logs, boulders...and even plowing copious amounts of wet, heavy snow. I really thought the 1750 met my needs until I started using it. And while it was a great mower in a size my wife got quite comfortable with, our present L3010 is a dream!

That said, the original poster mentioned he was quite comfy with the size of his 1700. Sounds like the smaller tractors work for him.

Pete

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #22  
<font color=blue>what is the difference between the B2410 and the B7500 PTOs <font color=blue>

<font color=black>The pto horsepower on the 7500 is rated at 16pto hp and 3 point lift is rated at 1058# 24" aft of the lift point. The 2410 is rated 18pto hp and the 3 point lift is rated at 1300# 24" aft of the lift point.
The hydraulic cylinders on the FEL are also larger on the 2410. The 7500 is 1 1/2" and the 2410 is 1 3/4" (155# more lift capacity at the pivot pin)
The 7500 does not have position control, the 2410 does have position control.
...and if my memory serves me right, the 7500 you can operate the mid pto or the rear pto, but not both at the same time. The 2410, I believe you can operate rear pto and mid pto at the same time.
oh, the 2410 also has larger tires.<font color=black>

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #23  
shoppintractors,

My question originally was intended to address the issue of "live" and "continuous" PTO differences between the B7500 and the B2410 (which I believe that there are NO differences). I now realize that my question was vague enough to allow expansion into the areas that you addressed. I'll agree with you that the B2410's rated numbers (PTO hp, lift ratings, etc.) are better than the B7500's numbers.

I believe that the B7500 PTO controls allow for mid-only, rear-only, or simultaneous operation of both PTOs. Actually, I believe this to be true of all of the current B-series Kubotas, but don't know for sure.

Kelvin

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #24  
<font color=blue>I believe that the B7500 PTO controls allow for mid-only, rear-only, or simultaneous operation of both PTOs. Actually, I believe this to be true of all of the current B-series Kubotas, but don't know for sure. <font color=blue>

<font color=black>I looked at a B7500 over the weekend and only saw one pto handle, not two that would be required for a mid pto and a rear pto. I believe one handle works for both and there is a switch underneath to change from the mid to the rear pto and vice versa. Any B7500 owner, am I correct?<font color=black>

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #25  
shoppintractors,

The way that I remember it (and I could be wrong) is this:

(1) There is one PTO lever that engages / disengages the PTO.

(2) There is a second PTO lever that has three positions: Front PTO, Rear PTO, and both PTOs.

Kelvin

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #26  
shoppintractors,

Rather than keep guessing, I just called my local dealer. Apparently the B7500 PTO operation has two modes:

(1) Rear PTO only @ 540 rpm
(2) Simultaneous Mid & Rear PTO (@ some higher RPM)

Apparently there is no "mid-PTO only" mode of operation.

Kelvin

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #27  
Hey Kelvin,

There would have to be a "mid pto only" for the mid-mount mower...unless both turn when your mid mount mowing.

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #28  
Re: Can B7500 Owners Help here?

shoppintractors,

<font color=blue>There would have to be a "mid pto only" for the mid-mount mower...unless both turn when your mid mount mowing. </font color=blue>

The dealer informed me that the rear PTO does indeed turn while the mid-PTO is in operation. I can neither confirm nor deny whether this is the case; I can say that I don't like that design if that is the correct description of the operation.

Could some of the Kubota B7500 give some input as to how many different combinations of mid & rear PTO operation there is? Thanks.

Kelvin

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #29  
Re: Can B7500 Owners Help here?

My reply may not help much as I am not sure the B7500 is the same as the BX22, but I would think it would be. I have a 3 position lever for pto - mid only, mid/rear combo, and rear only.

Terry

/ Worth upgrading from 17 to 24 hp? #30  
A 7500's PTO works in 2 postions:

1 - Rear only
2 - Mid and rear together

I can't think why you would need both running at the same time, but if they made the tractor to do so, there must be a reason.