For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #1  

montelatici

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 and L3560 HSTC LE
I heard my left floor board crack on my BX-1850 while getting on the tractor this summer. I knew what the problem was and sent an email to Kubota just 2 days ago asking what my options were since both my BX1850 and BX24 are out of warranty. This was their response:

"Alfred, thank you for being a Kubota customer. We value you as a customer
and have extended the warranty on the BX1850 and BX24 fender problem for 48
months from the retail sale dates. So both of your tractors are still in
the warranty period for parts and labor to fix this problem. You just need
to get them to your selling dealer. The BX1850 will have the fender
replaced and a reinforcing kit installed so that it will not happen again.
If your BX24 is not cracked. It will just need to have the reinforcing kit
installed. You can contact your selling dealer for more information on the
fenders. Because this is a warranty situation. We require only authorized
Kubota Tractor dealers to do the work. Thank you for contacting Kubota
Tractor Corp."

Excellent response, my faith in Kubota continues.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #2  
That's the primary reason that I started buying Kubotas. Friends had after warranty repars done on Kubota's dime when a failure was extraordinary and should not have happened. Believe it or not, I've had the same experience with GMC.

The only time they dropped the ball was on the early RTV500's....Once they figured out that the complaints weren't user error, they fixed the issue and I've seen nothing but happy owners since.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #3  
My BX deck cracked and was going to be replaced under warranty after 4 years. My dealer said he had kits for every one he sold and would replace them as needed. Got the new seat from him too, free with no hassle at all. His customer service has been exceptional! I wish he sold trucks!

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #4  
I heard my left floor board crack on my BX-1850 while getting on the tractor this summer. I knew what the problem was and sent an email to Kubota just 2 days ago asking what my options were since both my BX1850 and BX24 are out of warranty. This was their response:

"Alfred, thank you for being a Kubota customer. We value you as a customer
and have extended the warranty on the BX1850 and BX24 fender problem for 48
months from the retail sale dates. So both of your tractors are still in
the warranty period for parts and labor to fix this problem. You just need
to get them to your selling dealer. The BX1850 will have the fender
replaced and a reinforcing kit installed so that it will not happen again.
If your BX24 is not cracked. It will just need to have the reinforcing kit
installed. You can contact your selling dealer for more information on the
fenders. Because this is a warranty situation. We require only authorized
Kubota Tractor dealers to do the work. Thank you for contacting Kubota
Tractor Corp."

Excellent response, my faith in Kubota continues.
I have a BX23 and 2 BX 1500s.
I'm glad I got them before the BX24s B2350s and BX1850s were introduced.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly.
I have a BX23 and 2 BX 1500s.
I'm glad I got them before the BX24s B2350s and BX1850s were introduced.

Why? They are great little tractors.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #6  
Holy smokes, nice to hear about warranty coverage on the cracked fender. I thought it would be something I had to live with. I'll be seeing the dealer tomorrow in fact, so I'll bring it up then.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #7  
After my mere 29 years on this planet I can honestly say that I have only heard of two companys that man up behind thier products in/out of the normal warrenty period.

#1 Dillon Reloading Press
#2 Kubota Tractors

I am always looking foward to growing this list...

~Kevin

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #8  
#1 Dillon Reloading Press
#2 Kubota Tractors

Yep, that is why I have an RL550 Dillon press, and an L3400HST Kubota
James K0UA

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #9  
Why? They are great little tractors.
Not unlike any 'new' model introduction in which there was a gracious step forward in offerings, there were a few unintended issues.

Among them are the cracked fenders which started very soon after introduction.

Another issue was the overly-agressive reverse-stop feature. This was installed in the transmissions to presumably save all of us useless creatures from unintentionally running over our lawyers.

Also, they used some type of plastic for all the handles that faded from the sun VERY quickly. And there was an issue with the small tachometer (which the previous series didn't even have) fading and needing to be replaced.

My understanding is that all issues (save the jerky reverse) were corrected through the factory. As an additional bonus, the "feels like you're sitting on an exercise ball" seat was put up for replacement for anyone who wanted to pay for it. Though I had an older BX, I got a new seat for a paltry amount...$30 I think.

I bought my 'older' (30 series) BX at the time when the 'newer' (50 series) models were just coming out. My wife liked the look of the 'older' better and I had my reservations about all that plastic. At the time, it was well justified.

Though Kubota has done an exceptional job in responding to their consumers, there are certain benefits to not needing to go through all the trouble in the first place. I think that was the perspective of Mr. Brown in his post. They ARE great little tractors and are arguably better than any other in the segment. There ARE features in the newer models I like. But I have 327.7 hours on my machine and I can't think of a single thing that has broken, nor a single thing about it I dislike.

If, at the time, I had chosen to get the 'newer' machine, I'd have a short list of items that I had problems with and that Kubota fixed. And I'd probably still whine every once in a while about that kink in my back that I wouldn't have if I had purchased a 30- or 60-series.

All in all, any one of them, old or new, are great little tractors.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #10  
Nice..Love bota..I wish they did this with more of there little issues....