JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #21  
Since the first time I looked at a Kubota sub compact tractor back in 2007, they have been offering 0% financing. The only change has been the duration, changing it from 36, to 42, to 48, to 60 months and back, etc. The 60-mth deal is at the long end and I think there's a chance they'll drop that back to some shorter period come Jan. 1st, but who knows. I'm sure they'll offer some form of 0% financing as that offer is what moves most of their tractors off of dealer lots.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
Well fellas looks like im gonna hold out for awhile, They cant give me enough to pay mine off, although they came pretty close but the payment was still alittle high, i mean I can afford it but dont want to strap myself so im just gonna back away for now and get mine paid off as soon as I can and go from there! :thumbsup:
Still plan on gettin a bota in the near future though!!
Thanks for the replys and advise!!

Happy Holiday guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buddy

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
   / JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #25  
You could always try to sell it yourself and should come up with more dollars than the dealer could offer. Nothing is lost by trying.

Absolutely!! Craigslist costs you nothing. A private ad on TractorHouse costs you nothing. You almost always do better selling outright than taking wholesale on trade in, be it a car, truck, or tractor. It took patience, but I sold mine on Craigs and pocketed 1500 bucks. Not chicken feed.

Oh wait, some of it did go toward chicken feed! :D

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #26  
So your present payment is a little high with 16k left on the note. You want to add the difference ( what they give you plus what you owe ) to a 34k plus machine making it over 40k with tax. Something tells me you need better math skills because your payment would double. You have no choice but to use the Deere and pay it off before you go shopping. Then at this point look for a used kubota. My local dealer has a dozen of them for sale in the 29-45 hp range. ( course the dealer has 9 locations ). Tractors are nice but it is nothing to put you in broke or losing your home over.
Advertise the Deere in spring with and without the attachments. Plenty of customers out there looking to save a buck on a loader or mower plus it lowers the price of the tractor. I bought my 4110 bare.... then added attachments as needed and at good below retail prices. I hate paying finance charges when they give me nothing for savings. Hope things work out to your advantage.
* Pay close attention to resale values, Deere vs Kubota.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #27  
* Pay close attention to resale values, Deere vs Kubota.[/QUOTE]

What has been your observation? In my area orange holds it value better than green in the under 40hp category.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #28  

What has been your observation? In my area orange holds it value better than green in the under 40hp category.[/QUOTE]

Resale value is often colored by the color of tractor each owns. John Deere and Kubota both have good resale in my area as; hard to say which is "better". You will get a better deal trading a Deere at a Deere dealership and Kubota at Kubota. I am sure other areas vary one way or the other. Sometimes I buy used, so I kind of wish Kubota didn't hold their value so well.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #29  

What has been your observation? In my area orange holds it value better than green in the under 40hp category.[/QUOTE]

In my area Deere is well established and the most heard of comment is parts availability for older units. My friend bought a 25 hp Kubota and had nothing but grief with the transmission. It took the better part of a year to finally correct the problem . The funny part was he wanted to trade it for the next larger size and the dealer wouldn't take it in trade. Other area dealers wouldn't give him a percentage of the investment total so he waited patiently and they did resolve the issue. With one problem repaired he is just nervous about another now that it is out of warranty. I know alot of the value is having a dealer with well trained technicians. I personally saw alot of small things I didn't like about the orange version ( personal taste ) and I am happy I went green. One nice thing about the green tractors... when I want to sell them word of mouth is usually all it takes. Once you get over the Murray compatable models they really are built well and last a long time.
To the best of my knowledge Kubota has the best UTV. Were going shopping for a cab model. The resale of these models speaks for itself.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #30  
What has been your observation? In my area orange holds it value better than green in the under 40hp category.

In my area Deere is well established and the most heard of comment is parts availability for older units. My friend bought a 25 hp Kubota and had nothing but grief with the transmission. It took the better part of a year to finally correct the problem . The funny part was he wanted to trade it for the next larger size and the dealer wouldn't take it in trade. Other area dealers wouldn't give him a percentage of the investment total so he waited patiently and they did resolve the issue. With one problem repaired he is just nervous about another now that it is out of warranty. I know alot of the value is having a dealer with well trained technicians. I personally saw alot of small things I didn't like about the orange version ( personal taste ) and I am happy I went green. One nice thing about the green tractors... when I want to sell them word of mouth is usually all it takes. Once you get over the Murray compatable models they really are built well and last a long time.
To the best of my knowledge Kubota has the best UTV. Were going shopping for a cab model. The resale of these models speaks for itself.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I own a John Deere that has been nothing but trouble; took over two years to get it "fixed" and still have trouble with it. I don't judge an entire brand based on one or a couple of examples. I would not hesitate to buy another green tractor if it suit my needs.