JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #1  

Bswope

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3540
Hello fellas,
Im kicking the idea a upgrading my 2009 JD 2520(bought beginning of 2010) to a Kubota Grand L3240 with a cab and loader and rear finish mower BUT my JD isnt paid off yet and im just wondering if this can be done and what kinda pricing am I lookin at for a 3240. I have a Kubota dealer with in 10mins from me and I dont want to walk in there without doing some research first. I have roughly $15k left to pay on my JD so am I wasting my time with even trying to do this?

Can you guys help me out with some advise?

Thanks
Buddy

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #2  
Check with JD Finance (if that's where your loan is) and see if another buyer can assume your loan.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #4  
If you trade it to Kubota, it should be a standard buy out / pay off, just like an automobile.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #5  
I have the L3940 and am extremely pleased. I too looked at Deere, a 3720 model. I looked at it agian at the fair this summer after I had my Kubota for a year. Man, am I glad I did not get it. Seems cheaply make to the Grand L series now. You can get a mmm on the L3240 thru L3940. The cab is extremely expensive, sure you need one? I know, some people will not do without. Kubota does have build and price on their internet site. When I bought my tractor I got 19% off list for the tractor only and 11% off list for all attachments. Philip.

By the way, I am not sure what a 66/74/12 is, but I sure would like to meet her!

Attachments

• DSCN3257.jpg
    DSCN3257.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 382
  • DSCN4158.JPG
    DSCN4158.JPG
    876.2 KB · Views: 333
   / JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
If you trade it to Kubota, it should be a standard buy out / pay off, just like an automobile.

Thats what i was thinkin but wasnt sure! If thats the case I may go talk with the dealer tomorrow......
Reason for tradeing is im wanting a bigger tractor and im finding myself liking the Kubota's more and more, PLUS the main reason..... My son will be heart broken if dads out plowing snow and cuttin wood and he's not with his daddy!!! :laughing:

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota....
I have the L3940 and am extremely pleased. I too looked at Deere, a 3720 model. I looked at it agian at the fair this summer after I had my Kubota for a year. Man, am I glad I did not get it. Seems cheaply make to the Grand L series now. You can get a mmm on the L3240 thru L3940. The cab is extremely expensive, sure you need one? I know, some people will not do without. Kubota does have build and price on their internet site. When I bought my tractor I got 19% off list for the tractor only and 11% off list for all attachments. Philip.

By the way, I am not sure what a 66/74/12 is, but I sure would like to meet her!

:laughing: I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 with a Cummins diesel and that stuff I have in my sig is all the motor work I have done to it! The 66/74/12 is my custom build turbo! She runs REALLY REALLY REALLY good! Its my baby.... you know how that is...

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #8  
I agree with the thought of treating like an auto. I have the Grand 4240hst w cab and really love it!

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #9  

The reason I mentioned someone assuming the loan instead of a payout is you might do better on price than on a trade. For example if you have a 0% or low rate loan and it can be assumed, in effect, the purchaser would be able to finance a used tractor at new tractor rates. This might be of interest and often the real price you're getting for a trade could be less than a private buyer might be willing to pay.

Just a thought.

Usually paying off a loan is not a big deal, but check for sure there are no penalty clauses.

/ JD guy lookin to move to Kubota.... #10  
While I truly love Kubotas, the John Deeres had larger cabs if you are looking to have someone in the cab. I don't know if this is across the board or just the ones I was considering; worth checking out.