Tractor News Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow!

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #31  
I have one of those Agri Fab box scrapers too. I used it on my road for 7 or 8 years, pulling it with my ATV and it was the best $1500 I ever spent. It's small, but heavy duty, for an ATV. I still use it with just the blade after I've scraped the road and made the ditches with my tractor to get the road really smooth.

Congrats on the new tractor.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #32  
Wow, the 3 point hitch is pretty complicated. Reading about all the adjustments and setup.

There are few recent (last 2-3 months) threads on the BX and B quarter inching valve, how it works and how in most cases the stops need to be adjusted. Sounds like you've run across those threads, but if not, do read them since the functionality of the quarter inching valve is probably the least understood feature on a BX by owners and dealers alike. Most dealers I talked to didn't even know what I was referring to when I asked about the quarter inching valve. It may not be as nice as position control, but it's better than nothing for incremental adjustment of the 3PH.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #33  
"she is the one who said "hey, stop wishing and go get the darn thing! Just let me drive it too!"

DANGER DANGER....you will end up back with the shovel. Great looking tractor, I well remember how excited I was when mine arrived and all the wonderful seat time I am having. Good luck and enjoy!!!

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #34  
Congratulations! :thumbsup: You are going to love it. It's amazing what these machines can do.
Can't wait to see some action pictures.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow!
Saturday was a fun first day with the tractor. Put 3.3 hours on it and had a blast. My neighbor gave me some pointers and showed me how to use the front loader.

Here is the playground I took the BX to first thing. Practiced loading dirt and using the box blade.

index.php

After about an hour of running around I decided to get some actual work done.

Here is a pic of behind my workshop before I moved in three years ago. Now, remember, all the dirt piles you see are gone now after three years with a shovel and ATV cart.

index.php

Flash forward to the area behind the shop I cleaned up on Saturday (Before cleanup).

index.php

And finally, after the day was done.

index.php

I love the BX2360, I think it was the perfect choice for me. Is my fuel meter broken? It's still reads full after three hours of work... AMAZING.

I still need some practice on using the FEL. Can't quite get into the groove of scooping and lifting.

I also need some advice on what RPM's to be running at. The owner's manual doesn't specifically call out RPMs other than to not run full throttle for the first 50 hours. I kept moving the throttle around to not keeep it at a fixed RPM while under 50 hours.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #36  
Mowing is the only thing that really uses a lot of fuel. If all your doing is end loader work, they don't use much fuel at all.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #37  
Ramble on brother..and keep those pics comming lucky!

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #38  
Unless I am running something on one of the PTO's, I run it at whatever speed I get good FEL response which varies with what you are doing. I would occasionally run the RPM's up from time to time as you go as per manual. You don't need constant RPM variations, just don't run it at the same one for long periods of time.

/ Found Site 3 days ago... New BX2360 Tomorrow! #39  
I also need some advice on what RPM's to be running at. The owner's manual doesn't specifically call out RPMs other than to not run full throttle for the first 50 hours. I kept moving the throttle around to not keeep it at a fixed RPM while under 50 hours.

The BX's are designed to run with the throttle wide open to give maximum flow and pressure to the hydraulics that run everything. But it doesn't really need "full throttle" for most work, and you eventually get a sense of how fast to run the engine. A few of the things I do, mostly based on "common sense":
1) Let the engine warm up at a moderate rpm... not idle and not wide open... for several minutes before getting to work.
2) Don't lug the engine at low rpm. Better to have it revved more than enough than too slow.
3) Use low range for any heavy work such as FEL digging, pulling that box blade, etc. Also for any steep hills.
4) Remember that the "go" pedal controls the HST and it does not operate like a gas pedal... when you need more pulling power and less speed, you back off the pedal instead of stepping on it more. This is kind of hard for some folks to get used to.
5) As noted by others, take it easy for the break in period. Avoid running wide open and change the rpm's around some.
6) Change the fluids and filters per the specs. Diesels like clean fuel and air, and all those hydraulics will last longer if the hydro fluid is likewise clean.

Good luck. You have a great little tractor that can do amazing things.