BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #21  
Here are some pictures of your tractor out in the country side instead of in a brochure. Maybe this can help hold you over till it gets to you. They stopped by my house and left it with me for a few days and then they are going to bring it to you.:D:thumbsup::D
It has been working well and they brought touch up paint in case I scratch it. They also gave me a couple of Kubota hats for testing driving it for you. I unhooked the hour meter so it will not show my extra hours. Just think first service at 25 hours instead of 50 as the book says.:laughing:
I've really used it hard and really enjoyed it. Will hate to see it leave heading your direction.;)

JT, I hope you change over to the turf tires I am sure Chris ordered.

~Kevin

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #22  
Here are some pictures of your tractor out in the country side instead of in a brochure. Maybe this can help hold you over till it gets to you. They stopped by my house and left it with me for a few days and then they are going to bring it to you.:D:thumbsup::D
It has been working well and they brought touch up paint in case I scratch it. They also gave me a couple of Kubota hats for testing driving it for you. I unhooked the hour meter so it will not show my extra hours. Just think first service at 25 hours instead of 50 as the book says.:laughing:
I've really used it hard and really enjoyed it. Will hate to see it leave heading your direction.;)

Nice Pictures! :thumbsup:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas
Yeah JT, have them switch those R4s for R3s before they send it on to me, and thanks for breaking it, I mean breaking it in, for me. :D

Edit: And thanks for the pic's. The one from the rear gave me a little more perspective on how wide the BH is with the stabilzers up. Looks wider than the BX itself by a few inches. Was thinking it would be about the same width as the BX. It's going to be a tight fit in my 9' wide shed with the 48" FEL stored next to the BH with the stabilizers up.

Also, I just noticed yesterday that the FEL for the BX25 is an LA240, not the LA243 on the BX2360 and BX2660. I can't find a full spec listing on the 240, but did notice per the Kubota site that the raising and lowering times for both bucket and boom are a little faster for the BX5. No difference in lift or breakout rating. Strange. Wonder if the BX25 allocates a little more GPM to attachments vs power steering?? Total pump output is the same.

OK, so now you'll know how fixated I am on my BX25. Just noticed these specs for the 3PH in the model configurator for the BX25. I'm sure it's a mistake, however.

HYDRAULICS
Open Center Gear Type
6.3 gpm Pump Output
Cat I 3-point Hitch (Optional)
At lift point 992 lbs.
24" Behind 661lbs.
Position Control

Same spec section on the BX1860 says Quarter Inching valve. Why would Kubota put position control on the one BX that does not come standard with a 3PH? Any chance this is a mid-run model change?

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #25  
Position Control

Same spec section on the BX1860 says Quarter Inching valve. Why would Kubota put position control on the one BX that does not come standard with a 3PH? Any chance this is a mid-run model change?

:confused:

Quick update. Delivery set for Thursday morning, and my BXpanded dollies arrived today. Will put those together tonight, hopefully. :thumbsup:

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #27  
Quick update. Delivery set for Thursday morning, and my BXpanded dollies arrived today. Will put those together tonight, hopefully. :thumbsup:
Yeah, they called and said they had to pick it up tonight to get on the road with it to you for Thursday delivery, Hope it rains some on their way to weash some of the dirt off. Didn't get a chance to paint the scratches, just got back from Indiana. They may do that down the road from your house.

Yeah, they called and said they had to pick it up tonight to get on the road with it to you for Thursday delivery, Hope it rains some on their way to weash some of the dirt off. Didn't get a chance to paint the scratches, just got back from Indiana. They may do that down the road from your house.

No problem John. I told them to pick up that WRX while they're there so I could use it this winter. Loved that AWD when we had a Subaru quite a few years back. Don't worry, I'll have it back to you by Spring ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................2015

/ BX1860 to BX25; Feel like John Thomas #29  
No problem John. I told them to pick up that WRX while they're there so I could use it this winter. Loved that AWD when we had a Subaru quite a few years back. Don't worry, I'll have it back to you by Spring ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................2015

The WRX is in the garage and I'm driving the Dodge. The WRX is awesome except on snow, it is scary. It won't go with the OEM tires. Dry pavement and it's wild and in snow it's wild also but in a bad way. It's my 4th Subaru and I would never have believed how much difference tires could make in the snow. Guess or know now race tires aren't for snow.:) I do love the WRX!:thumbsup: If I didn't have the Dodge to drive in snow I'd get some winter tires for it.

OK, so I know it never happened around here if you don't post pic's, so here they are, but first some comentary. :D First off, January is not a good time to buy a new tractor with a backhoe. Nothing but frozen ground around here so basically the BH went straight into storage. I also removed the FEL so I could mount my front blade - snowing here as I write this. Don't expect a major storm but, hopefully, enough to plow.

As for first impressions, the BX25 feels ever so slightly bigger. Of course with the FEL and BH on it is, but I'm talking about the bare tractor feeling bigger too. And the engine is noticeable smoother at low idle to mid RPMs.

Don't have to worry about getting it dirty because it already was when delivered. Looks like they pulled it off the lot, topped off the diesel, greased all the zerks and welded up my bucket hooks; not much else. My 1850 and 1860 from the same dealer was washed and waxed, but then again, delivery wasn't the first week of January. Oh well, I will clean her up and put a coat of wax on as soon as we get a thaw here.

I do have to say that the subframe for the Kubota OEM BH is substantial. From looking over the Woods installation manual, I would have to say the Kubota one is more substantial, but they have the advantage of designing it into the manufacture and assembly processes. Should have taken a pic of the rear end with the BH off and before I mounted the 3PH but I didn't think of it. Oh, and that folded ROPS will take some getting use to. Almost banged my head about 4 times while installing the 3PH. Luckly my rather tall wool cap acted as an early warning system as I felt it getting scrunched down on my head. :laughing: Spring will bring a more challenging scenario!

On the slight negative side, it's real tight back there with the subframe and hose routing. Spent 20 minutes trying to get one of the BH quick connects off during removal. I thought it was stuck on due to unrelieved pressure so I kept rotating the BH controls, then starting the tractor and rotating the controls while trying to pull the QC apart in between. Finally realized I was pulling on the wrong side of the QC, just couldn't see which side was the female - now I know. Doh!

One note, and I have a pic of it, is that it appears there are two posts on the rear wheel axle hubs to aid in mounting the tires. My 1860 used 5 bolts so you had to somehow hold the tire in place while you started the threads. These will be real handy if you have to remove and remount a rear wheel. Wonder if the earlier BX25 or BX24s had these?

Finally, posting a few pics of my shed with the BH and FEL removed. You can see the BXpanded dollies which became critical to getting it all in there while leaving room for the tractor. The dollies are well made and feel substantial. I actually rotated the BH 180* to get the wide end against the back wall. One note on the dollies. They come with two swivel casters and two rigid types. Rigids were a no go for me since I have to rotate the BH in it's own length and also slide the FEL almost sideways. My opinion is that the dollies should come with swivels all around since not everyone will have the room to make wide, arcing turns.

Thanks all for helping me decide between the BX25 or adding a Woods BH. Don't think I could have gone wrong either way. OK, now for the pic's. First two are my BX1860 dressed for trade in.

Attachments

• BX25 delivery day 001.JPG
    BX25 delivery day 001.JPG
    795.6 KB · Views: 245
  • BX25 delivery day 002.JPG
    BX25 delivery day 002.JPG
    769.1 KB · Views: 215
  • BX25 delivery day 003.JPG
    BX25 delivery day 003.JPG
    828.4 KB · Views: 214
  • BX25 delivery day 004.JPG
    BX25 delivery day 004.JPG