Bxpanded: Be aware!

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #1  

SurfriderNC

Pallet/Brush Forks

I just recieved a set of Bxpanded pallet forks. After numerous efforts to get the mounting bracket to install, I gave up and called Bxpanded and told them the problem. Harry Clearman (Bxpanded owner) told me that out of all the kits he sold, I'm one of the few who had the bucket that will not fit. And, there is no way of telling which machines are effected.
The reason for this post is if you own a new (2011) BX 25 and plan on buying either the pallet forks or bucket hooks from Bxpanded, you might want to measure the lip of the bucket before ordering. As you can see from the photo's, the round part of the clamp should slide under the lip of the bucket.
Mr. Clearman told me he is working on a fix right now.
Oh yeah, I wish these forks would have worked. Quality made for sure.

Pic2-7.jpg

Pic1-9.jpg

Pic4-5.jpg

Pic3-8.jpg

BTW...
Mr. Clearman did not hesitate to take the forks back. Straight up company and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them.

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #2  
Good to hear that BXpanded is owning up to the issue and looking for a fix.

Did BXp list the model # of the buckets that currently will not work with their product and does it affect any of their other attachments? Then again, I guess we should be asking them that question:confused2:

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #3  
BTW...
Mr. Clearman did not hesitate to take the forks back. Straight up company and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them.

Harry has a great reputation and will occasionally post on these pages.
I was looking into the forks at one time. But as busy as I'm sure Harry is, he responded very quickly to my inquiry about fit on a B3030/LA403 bucket.

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #4  
Oh boy. Just traded up to a Bx25 and I already had the forks that I used with my BX1860. I just assumed they'd fit the BX25 bucket. I think I'll head out to the shed and check out if I'm going to have the same issue you do. Thanks for the heads up.

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #5  
Could be wrong, but I don't think Harry is a Kubota connected supplier. He's out there building stuff that we all would like to have. If Kubota changes a stamp on something he will only find out after the fact....I give him huge credit for re-designing this based on customer feed back...Most places would say "too bad".

Never bought anything from him, but his attention to these kinds of things can't be dismissed lightly.

In fact, after hearing this, might check his offerings to see what he has for mine.

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #6  
OK, looks like I'm in the same boat. Forks don't fit my new bucket. I see the BX25 comes with the LA240 FEL whereas the BX2360 and BX2660 still gets the LA243 loader. I thought the BX25 used that same loader but I don't know for sure. Anyone with a year old BX25, what FEL did yours come with? Looks like Kubota rolled the top edge a little tighter (more pronounced curve) then on the older loaders. I'm going to wait to see what Harry comes up with. I know I didn't buy my forks for use the the BX25 originally, but maybe mine can be retrofitted somehow.

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #7  
too bad, hopefully you can get it rectified. i've got a set on my bx25 and was just going to post another use i've discovered.... mixing my compost pile.
steve

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #8  
Just an Oh by the way for technical clarity. Today is Jan 8, 2011. I doubt anyone has a 2011 of any Kubota. It takes longer to get them crated, shipped and final assembled at a dealer and delivered to anyones home than that. I also feel the oldest tractor sitting at the factory is the first tractor shipped which also pretty well means no 2011 tractors have been shipped.
Dealers are pretty evasive on the actual manufacture date of a tractor and there are still 2009's being sold now as new at some dealers. Tractors are not like cars where the year means as much. My advise is keep telling yourself yours is a 2011 or 2010 and never research the actual manufacture date. Most of us do refer to ours as the year we bought it and very few people can say or prove different.
There is one 2007 tractor that is or was available for sale as new and has been kept inside and looks new and they haven't made that model since 2007 or 2008. Since it is no longer in production is the reason, in my opinion, that they even tell what year it is. I don't think they would if it were still in production.
Year bought new and hours and condition is how most used units are evaluated for value. Most new ones are the new ones for sale at the dealer which could have been at that dealers or another dealers for a year or two(or more) plus time waiting for shipment at the factory.
Don't want to rain on anyones parade but your now in the fold of knowing more about Kubotas than the average guy on the street that doesn't even know what TBN is.:):thumbsup:

/ Bxpanded: Be aware! #9  
By BXpanded bucket hooks don't fit my 12/10-delivered BX25. I was about to take a grinder to the bead, figuring it was a minor tolerance issue, but the angle of your photo has me thinking different...

/ Bxpanded: Be aware!
Could be wrong, but I don't think Harry is a Kubota connected supplier. He's out there building stuff that we all would like to have. If Kubota changes a stamp on something he will only find out after the fact....I give him huge credit for re-designing this based on customer feed back...Most places would say "too bad".

Never bought anything from him, but his attention to these kinds of things can't be dismissed lightly.

In fact, after hearing this, might check his offerings to see what he has for mine.

He's not. Just a toy maker. :cool:
When you call the number on the website, you don't get a recording...you get him.
That speaks volumes in my book. :thumbsup: