Trade in for L39

/ Trade in for L39 #1  

avc8130

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
A buddy of mine is looking to trade in his L39. It is about 5 years old and has about 500 hours. It is in relatively decent shape. I think he has a soft cab for it and a heater box.

What do you think it is worth on trade in? He said I could have it for the trade in value plus the sales tax "savings". I am curious what numbers the dealer should be offering.
ac

/ Trade in for L39 #2  
You can do a Google search for the model. It will bring up several outlets with the specific tractor to see what they are selling for. Trade in value will be several thousand less.

/ Trade in for L39 #3  
If you really want to buy an L39, as opposed to wanting a bargain, I would look into what they cost on the open market.

You may significantly overpay if you buy this one for "trade in value".

Like car dealers, tractor dealers may try to sell the new machine for full list price and then inflate the trade in value of a used machine. That way the customer is happy about how well his old machine held its value, the money he has to pay is about the same as if the customer had gotten a discount on the new machine and a more realistic price for his trade.

What is even better is when the customer looks on the dealer's lot in a month there is his old machine with an asking price just slightly above what he got for a trade. He thinks the dealer didn't mark it up very much.

Be informed before you step up to the plate on this offer. You may be far better off by buying a similar machine from a private party.

/ Trade in for L39 #4  
I agree with Dave this 0% interest and high trade values is false illusion that
kubota corp.make dealers play.So try open market first. Not much to chose
from around here but dealers. Good luck.

/ Trade in for L39 #5  
I would agree with the others here.

Be an educated buyer so not to cause a riff between you and your friend. It happens.

You may find that it is a great deal. I hope you do.