Price Check Kubota TLB M59

/ Kubota TLB M59 #1  

crudolph

Hi folks,

I'm new here (I've already posted a small hello to the newbie forum) and was wondering about a price I've been given for a 2008 M59.

The dealer has had it for 2 years on the lot and with the crappy economy he hasn't been able to sell it.

- Loader
- Backhoe
- R4 Tires
- 3-point linkage
- 0 hours

$43,700.00

I have no idea if purchasing a tractor is like purchasing a car/truck and that you spend a fair amount of time negotiating on price or the opposite.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris.

/ Kubota TLB M59
Thanks

Prices online is 55,429.00 and taking off 12% I'm looking at ~49,000. Sounds like a pretty good price, though I'm unaware of the differences between 2008 and 2010 models.

Cheers,
Chris.

/ Kubota TLB M59 #4  
If you really need that much machine it sounds like a good deal to me if it comes with 0%. If I was paying cash I'd look for a lightly used model.

I looked at adding a backhoe to my 2010 M5040 and it would have brought the price close to $50k for far less tractor.

/ Kubota TLB M59 #5  
A M59 is a great machine. That one has been sitting without starting for 3+ years. That is a little scary to me. I would compare the price to used M59s. A gently used M59 might be in as good or better condition.

/ Kubota TLB M59 #6  
I'm not sure that are any differences between 2008 and 2010 builds. I think if you bought it today, it would be a 2011. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the year of the tractor is usually the year its sold...not the year it's made. Either way, have they been running it at all? It could be a good deal. Maybe they'll take a bit more off. I assume the warranty is going to be intact.

-Mark

Thanks

Prices online is 55,429.00 and taking off 12% I'm looking at ~49,000. Sounds like a pretty good price, though I'm unaware of the differences between 2008 and 2010 models.

Cheers,
Chris.

/ Kubota TLB M59
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going back on Wednesday to try it out around the yard. The warranty is the full warranty.

Cheers
Chris

/ Kubota TLB M59 #8  
The price sure sounds good. I don't think much has changed on them that you couldn't add later if you wanted. I'm sure the dealed has started it regularly when rearranging the lot. They do it pretty frequently at my local dealership.

We want pictures if you end up bringing it home.

/ Kubota TLB M59 #9  
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going back on Wednesday to try it out around the yard. The warranty is the full warranty.

I bought our M59 in 2008. It is a great tractor; we'd buy it again and gladly. Actually it was my wife who insisted that after a lifetime fixing up older tractors that we buy a brand new TLB. On the short list were the JD110, the Case, and the Cat. After using it for a month we were glad we went for the M59 and that hasn't changed.

I agree with you that Kubota introduced an expensive tractor with a lot of big machine features at an unfortunate economic time. That obviously hurt sales. The M59 is as close to a commercial duty machine as you will find until you move up to the much heavier and more expensive Case and Cat TLBs. There's really nothing else in the M59 size range. As for the year, I don't think it matters. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubota made a production run of M59s when they first brought them out and are still selling that shipment. Unlike cars, tractors aren't sold by model year. They are dated by when they are sold. Yours will be a 2011, even though it was built in 2008. There have only been one small change (a hose) since it was introduce.

The price sounds good. In fact, I think you are right at what the dealer paid for it and less than he has in it at this point. I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. In my opinion, go for it.
good luck rScotty

/ Kubota TLB M59 #10  
If you're concerned about the zero hours on the meter, ask to test drive it on the dealers yard. I bought an M59 TLB last May, after spending a couple of hours (a couple of months earlier) digging snow banks in their yard....I wanted to see if upgrading from my L39 TLB would be worth it.......it was!!!
This economy is the perfrect time for buyers, and the price quoted seems incredibly reasonable....the warranty should start at time of purchase not the build date.....good luck with your decision