New M7040 HDC-1 price advice?

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #1  

enfield

Tractor
JD 2240; Kubota M8540 HDT
Last bought a tractor in 1979: a new JD 2240 that is about all the equipment I kept when selling off the beef cows in 1987.

Now getting back into cow-calf, and it seems all the implements I'll be using are just a little too big for the old dependable 50 pto JD.

The next one will be a keeper, too, so buying new is an attractive option. Tractor will be used for making, handling & feeding hay, pasture maintenance [no-till seed, mow, drag] and some land clearing.

Not sure what is offered with what package, standard, option, or whatever, so will just describe the machine and see what folks think it should cost:

New M7040 HDC-1 [hydraulic shuttle], 2010 model if that matters
MFWD
Cab/heat/air
LA 1153 loader, no 3rd valve, no SL, comes with 6' bucket
Straight drawbar
Folding front steel radiator guard
Two [2] rear SCV's
R-1 tires

Dealer is offering 0% for 60 months, or cash at the exact same price. He will also provide a suitable replacement immediately in the case of any breakdown during the warranty period.

What is a reasonable price for this tractor?

tia,

Enfield

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #2  
oh boy now i have to really jar my memory.a friend of mines dad bought a 2010 7040HDC 4x4 with loader an ROPS for $32,000.that tractor listed for $36,000.so i say adding a cab $46,000 or less.what is your price.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #4  
The loaner tractor is an attractive offer, but these new tractors rarely go in for extensive warranty work. Not sure how attached you are to your local dealer, but my advice is to give Brady a call at http://www.barlowequipment.com/index.html . Tell him what your looking for and I'm sure he'll give you a great price. You can then go back to your local dealer and see if he'll match. That's what I did and he beat my three local dealers by $5k, but I also have a trade involved in the deal so it's not so cut and dry....

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #5  
Dealer is offering 0% for 60 months, or cash at the exact same price. He will also provide a suitable replacement immediately in the case of any breakdown during the warranty period.

The 0% financing may be the best route for you, but there is apparently a $1500 Kubota rebate (through 3/31) for that model if you pay cash.

Finance Customer Rebates

Steve

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice?
Thanks for all replies. In short:

Will need to do the "build your own" thing on K's website.

If Barlow's prices are that good, I could drive my dually Powerstroke over there and pick up the tractor on a new Gator gooseneck for about the same money!

What is the "M7040 HDC-LTD"? That has a $1000 rebate while the plain "M7040 cab" has the $1500.

This site sure is a shopper's best friend...

Enfield

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice?
Update time:

Dealer has not mentioned the rebate - may not know, as the salesman is also the manager of a sizable full-service ag store, including fuel, lubes, service, home HVAC, irrigation, seed, feed, fertilizer, tractors, implements, etc.

Kubota "build your own" is $46,552. Dealer has offered $42,500.

Will call Barlow tomorrow.

Enfield

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #8  
Update time:

Dealer has not mentioned the rebate - may not know, as the salesman is also the manager of a sizable full-service ag store, including fuel, lubes, service, home HVAC, irrigation, seed, feed, fertilizer, tractors, implements, etc.

Kubota "build your own" is $46,552. Dealer has offered $42,500.

Will call Barlow tomorrow.

Enfield

Should be able to get 10% to 15% off of the Kubota's site price. That would be between $39,569 and $41896.

When comparing dealer's prices, you REALLY, REALLY have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. There are a lot of options out there. If you aren't precise at documenting each and every option on the tractors you are comparing, you can get bad results. The last thing you want is to write off dealer xxx because he was too high... only to find out the tractor he was talking about had more options and was actually lower!

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #9  
well doggoned i missed that price by $553.an that was off the top of my head.he can prolly get that tractor for $43,000 or $44,000.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 price advice? #10  
Price is going to vary from area to area depending on demand etc., so I agree it is a good idea to compare with others especially Barlow's. We paid a little extra as our dealer has treated us exceptionally well over the years, on one occasion putting on a set of chains on our Land Pride RCR2672 on site and didn't charge for the chains or labor. They also measured everything and later made the hoses to put on a hydraulic top-link and installed it a few days later. They will do service on site etc., so I bought local.

Overall we saved more buying local, but everyone's situation is going to be different and we have done a lot of business there.