Price Check B7200DT Pricing

/ B7200DT Pricing #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am looking at a B7200DT with 1010 hours on it. It has a B1641 FEL and a BH650 backhoe with a frame mount. The transmission is standard gear 6/2. It is coming from a dealer and they are asking $8,900 for it. The machine is in fair condition. Two questions: 1) Is this a fair price? 2) Is this machine going to be enough for me. I plan on using it to mow about 30 acres once a year and to plant about 15 acres of food plots. The backhoe and FEL are going to be used for minor earthmoving. I am afraid that with such a small machine that even a small disc may bog it down or that the backhoe isn't going to do much again because of the weight of the tractor. Thanks in advance for your help.

/ B7200DT Pricing #2  
mmalhame,
Here is my 2 cents worth.

<font color=blue>Is this machine going to be enough for me. I plan on using it to mow about 30 acres once a year and to plant about 15 acres of food plots. </font color=blue>

Mowing once a year implies mowing with a rotary mower. A 42" or 48" rotary mower would be all the B7200 could handle. While it would mow 30 acres, it might take up to a week to finish the job. I would consider either (1) moving up to a 30hp or larger tractor that will handle a 5' or larger rotary mower, or (2) buying this tractor (or other compact in the under 30hp range) and hiring someone else to mow the 30 acres once a year (assuming that the B7200 is adequately sized for the majority of your other tasks).

<font color=blue>The backhoe and FEL are going to be used for minor earthmoving. </font color=blue>

For this task, the tractor may be okay. Comments...

(1) While a hydrostatic transmission will make FEL work much easier, the 6/2 transmission will do the job.
(2) If I remember correctly, the B7200 does not have power steering and the manual steering will be a workout with a heavy load in the bucket.
(3) I don't know much about backhoes on the Kubota compacts. I suspect that, as with the FEL, the backhoe will do nearly any job you have for it, but it may take more time than you want to spend.

<font color=blue>Is this a fair price? </font color=blue>

I don't have enough knowledge to answer this question fairly. I'd guess that the tractor/FEL combo (4wd / gear drive / 1010 hours / no power steering) to be worth $3000 to $6000 depending upon its shape. If that guess is reasonable, then $2900 to $6900 for the backhoe seems excessively high.

Good luck. Hope this information helps,
Kelvin

/ B7200DT Pricing #3  
You can get an idea of a reasonable price from machinerylink.com - it looks like it should be around $4K without the BH and FEL. 1000 hours seems rather low for the age of that machine.

/ B7200DT Pricing
Thank you guys for your replies. I try machinerylink but my problem is estimating the cost of a FEL and Backhoe. I know what they cost new, what about used? I tend to agree with Kevin that it might be a little high, but again it is coming from a dealer that has given it the once over and changed the fluids. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

/ B7200DT Pricing #5  
I had an L185DT w/1200 FEL and 600BH. This would be a slightly larger frame size than the B7200 but similar in HP.

These units can and will do a lot of work, but 30AC to mow will take some time as mentioned previously. As to the value I bought mine with 900 Hrs for $5000 then put $2500 into the frame up restoration w/o my time (about 3 months). I bartered it for a value of $10K to build a barn..

The BH itself is about $2-2500, and the loader probably $900-1000 and tractor alone $4000 so, if you can get this for $7300 or so that would be a fair deal. The condition is a major factor though, and although parts are available the cylinders are costly and sometimes hard to get..

eBay shows several units like the BX 22 for $12K with rear mower, as well others. I think you would do better to find a newer used model in the $10K range like a 2150 or 2950 with a loader, then add the BH and bush hog from woods etc..

Carl