Aftermarket cab for B3030?

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #1  

bowhunter3030

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L4060hstc & Kubota B2601
Does anyone make an aftermarket cab for a B3030?

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #2  
Does anyone make an aftermarket cab for a B3030?

Frequent poster leonz seems to think that Laurin makes the 3030 cabs for Kubota.
Take a look HERE.
It sure looks pretty similar, but not an exact clone of my 3030 cab. There doesn't seem to be any pricing info on the site, but it's my understanding that they're very pricey.

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #4  
Given any thought to just trading in your open station for a factory cabbed version ?

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #5  
Given any thought to just trading in your open station for a factory cabbed version ?

Exactly what I did a couple of years ago. After eating bushels of snow on a JD 790. I think Sims was the only one with a cab for that tractor. I wasn't impressed with their prices for a cab with fabric doors and no heater, although a heater was an expensive option to a cab that was too expensive to begin with for what it was.

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #6  
Laurin does make a nice cab for the B3030. I do not for a second believe they make the factory cab for Kubota. I think Jodale Perry makes a nice cab also.

Sims Cab Depot cabs are much "cheaper", but not a whole lot less expensive. Not much bang for the buck, in my opinion.

I did find a company that makes cabs similar to the Curtis cabs that are more for just winter installation and summer removal, however, they make production runs in mid to late summer, so they have nothing available now.

Curtis does not make a cab for the B3030.

This same issue has made me realize that if I want a cab badly enough, I will most likely be trading in on a new cabbed machine.

I am waiting for the new B3000 model since you can install the new Kubota BH77 backhoe on the factory cab model.

If you don't currently have/need the factory backhoe or you have the Woods backhoe, you may be able to find a leftover cabbed B3030 for a decent price, and might make a trade worthwhile.

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #7  
I think the market just isn't large enough so aftermarket companies just adapt a generic cab to work. If they sold more volume the prices would probably come down but I doubt that'll ever be the case. One thing nice about the aftermarket cabs, at least looking at pictures of them, is they are lower than your ROPS so if a factory cab can't fit into your garage an aftermarket one could give you an option.

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #8  

Thats what I just did this year. I love being in the new tractor. Completely different. I priced out what it would cost for a laurin cab and couldnt do it. Just easier to get a new tractor.

/ Aftermarket cab for B3030? #9  
If you are going to go cab, go factory! I have owned both and there is just no comparison. I had a curtis installed on my b7500 years ago and it was warm and dry, but there is nothing that compares to factory. The cab in my grand l is so quiet, its amazing!