BX 23 2750D snowblower

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #11  
Hi Don,

Thanks for the response. I'm sure the blower itself is a good one - I'm more interested in hearing if the 18HP of the BX1860 is enough to adequately handle the heavy snow in this area. It sounds like you're happy with its performance with your 24HP machine.

thanks again everyone. This is really helpful.

Anyone else have an opinion about the 1860/2360 decision?

The front/rear blower debacle seems to be more personal. I do think the loader would be helpful in the snow, but I'm not sure yet if the backing up to blow snow is worth the trade-off... I'm almost OK with the rear-mount at this point.

Regarding the tires, what's everyone else think there? Are turf going to be better than R4 in the snow? The 1860 isn't sold with R4, so if R4 are worse than turn then that makes my decision easier.

thanks!

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #12  
I have a front blower on my BX23. With unfilled turn tires I need ballast in the back (backhoe for example) and it can get stuck if I go offroad. I try to put on my set of filled ag tires with no ballast. That seems to be a pretty good combination.

Filled rear tires are not so convenient to put on and off, but really do make a sweet combination with the front snowblower. I can zip around with the blower not worrying about what is behind me.

With regard to the the blower and horse power - that is one advantage of the hydrostatic drive - you can easily control the forward speed if the blower begins to bog down.

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #13  
Would you guys use the 2750 blower on a bx1860? I'm trying to decide if the 2360 is really needed to handle deep snow.

thanks!

Don't know if this helps you, but I'm in my first winter (Buffalo area also) with a BX24/2750 blower. I have not yet worked out a system for the chute elevation, so I have been using the throttle to control how far the snow is thrown from the chute. I'm amazed how well it throws snow at even part throttle. It still doesn't bog the motor much at all, so I would assume that the 1860 would have plenty of power for this blower.

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #14  
Like was said, that looks to be the same price that my dealer quoted me which is probably list. I have a BX22 with I think 19 PTO HP that I'm using a B2650 blower (used) that I adapted to the BX for about $1200 total invested including hydraulic chute. I think that is the same blower just with different mounts. With the hydrostatic transmission you can control the load so that should work good for you. You won't regret spending the extra for the front mount if you have any neck issues. I can't even imagine having my neck cranked around like that anymore. 20 years ago, no problem. Now, big problem.

Kim

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #15  
I have a BX 25 with the 2650D snow blower and it works great.Being the 1st year with it I've gone through a number of shear pins,but I now know why.Get a bag of each type of shear pins.There are 2 different types,one for the fan and the other for the augers. We've had quite a bit of snow here in MA. this year,so it's been getting a good workout and has held up to the deepest of snow.One storm was 24" and it handled that easy.

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #17  
I have that blower on a bx1850.....it will blow snow 40'.......you will not be disappointed.

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #18  
I'm more interested in hearing if the 18HP of the BX1860 is enough to adequately handle the heavy snow in this area.

Plenty of power for the blower.

More power typically means the temptation to move faster and if you do- you will shear the auger bolt.

Get a set of chains for your turf tires and your traction will be excellent!

/ BX 23 2750D snowblower #19  
Thanks for the advice regarding the 1860. I'm thinking I'll pick up this machine w/FEL, front-mount SB, and 54" MMM when the tax return comes in a couple weeks.