Kubota 900 RTV

/ Kubota 900 RTV #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I have a line on a used 2006 Kubota 900 RTV with glass windshield, canopy top, spray in bed liner, factory winch and hydraulic dump bed for $8750. It only has 68 hours run time. I was wondering if this was a good deal. Everything looks new on it.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #2  
You may want to post here to get more response.
Also contact Barlows to find their used and new price. Cash or financing also is a big factor to consider to determine if it's a good price. Looks like could be over $1000 extras with top, windshield, winch and bed liner.
ATVs & Utility Vehicles - TractorByNet.com

/ Kubota 900 RTV #3  
I have a line on a used 2006 Kubota 900 RTV with glass windshield, canopy top, spray in bed liner, factory winch and hydraulic dump bed for $8750. It only has 68 hours run time. I was wondering if this was a good deal. Everything looks new on it.

Just a few thoughts.

I paid $11,450 for my RTV 900 Worksite in the fall of 2009. It has the hydraulic dump but none of the options you listed. I'm guessing that those options would have added more that $1,000 to the price.

In researching my purchase, I learned from reading here and elsewhere that some of the early models had shifting problems and a noisy drive shaft. I'm not sure when those problems were cleared up by Kubota.

That's a very low number of hours for a 2006 model. Any explanation from the owner as to why?

Steve

/ Kubota 900 RTV #4  
I research questions like this using SearchTempest... a Craig's List multicity search capability. Try it, you'll like it.

rtv 900 on SearchTempest

That link uses my zip code, etc....you can change the zip and search radius for your self when you get there.

There seem to be a few on CL at $6900 to $7900 with various features and hours. Of course this is "asking" price and I have not seen them so don't know true condition. I'd say that the one you are aware of is priced at the top of the range...probably what I'd ask for such low hours, new condition and features...I understand that people like the hydraulic dump bed feature when they have it.

I'm kinda interested in an RTV myself...have been reading about them of late.

Seems some don't like the HST feature (I do) because it STOPS when you take the foot off the pedal.

I drove one locally, pedal pressure to keep it going seemed to be high enough to me to be tiring if you drove it for a long time.

Some complain, best I can understand, that there are some conditions when putting it under strain, such as pulling or steep hill, the engine revs up too slowly and thus bogs down under the strain. I don't know if this is real or not. There seems, however, to be a manual throttle feature now, like on a tractor I assume, that can be used to set RPM's. I haven't seen any reports relaying if this fixes the bogging down problem or not.

Some complain about the lack of a speedometer as standard.

To me, the above complaints seem minimal or a matter of perception and none would be a deal breaker for me. I mention them to see what your (or others) perception of these might be.... but, not trying to hijack the thread.

WARNING....there are scamers on CL that list an RTV with gobs of features and beautiful photos for way low $$ and use a gmail/yahoo contact point...no phone number....I just flag those as prohibited

/ Kubota 900 RTV
I checked the local Kubota dealer and the list is $11500 for base machine with diesel engine. Then the glass windshield with wipers adds $800. I didnt get a price on the other items, but the seller says spray in bedliner was $400 and $400 for top. I think the winch is at least 500 or more and it has front bumper / guard and rear protection screen.
Owner bought it new in Feb 2007 and works out of town so he never uses it much. Changes oil once a year and stored inside garage at all time. He is firm on the $8750 though and I guess it is worth it with all the accessories. Just trying to get some more opinions.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #7  
I checked the local Kubota dealer and the list is $11500 for base machine with diesel engine. Then the glass windshield with wipers adds $800. I didnt get a price on the other items, but the seller says spray in bedliner was $400 and $400 for top. I think the winch is at least 500 or more and it has front bumper / guard and rear protection screen.
Owner bought it new in Feb 2007 and works out of town so he never uses it much. Changes oil once a year and stored inside garage at all time. He is firm on the $8750 though and I guess it is worth it with all the accessories. Just trying to get some more opinions.

Gary,

Your list price quote may be for the General Purpose model (manual dump and no brush guard). The list price quotes for my Worksite model (hydraulic dump and brush guard) were closer to $12K back in 2009.

Here's a thread that discusses the drive shaft rattle. I didn't reread the whole thread, but the problem may have been cleared up on the 2006 model.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/60003-news-rtv-shaft-rattle.html

IMO, the $8750 is a good deal on a loaded, low-hour RTV 900.

Steve

/ Kubota 900 RTV
Thanks Steve, that was what I was thinking that even though it is 5 years old, very little wear has been done to it, so it is basically a new machine albeit a 2006. It has a lot of add ons that were quiet expense . I found a bunch of folks reporting the rattling drive shaft issue, but it seems like a fairly easy fix. Maybe even easier than putting in set screw, just rubber hose on each end may work also if it develops. I think I am going to put the money forward on this purchase. My brother in law has a gator that so far is working ok. 2 WD with plexiglass windshield and $6500 purchase price. All the reviews give the Kubota much higher rating than the gator so it sounds like a good deal money wise and quality wise. Some folks complained about it being too slow, but on my property 25 MPH is too fast for most of the terrain.

/ Kubota 900 RTV #9  
Thanks Steve, that was what I was thinking that even though it is 5 years old, very little wear has been done to it, so it is basically a new machine albeit a 2006. It has a lot of add ons that were quiet expense . I found a bunch of folks reporting the rattling drive shaft issue, but it seems like a fairly easy fix. Maybe even easier than putting in set screw, just rubber hose on each end may work also if it develops. I think I am going to put the money forward on this purchase. My brother in law has a gator that so far is working ok. 2 WD with plexiglass windshield and $6500 purchase price. All the reviews give the Kubota much higher rating than the gator so it sounds like a good deal money wise and quality wise. Some folks complained about it being too slow, but on my property 25 MPH is too fast for most of the terrain.

Gary,

Go for it!!!

I believe there is a Kubota "fix" for the drive shaft issue if it was still a problem on the 2006 models.

Although the shifting is quirky, my only regret in buying my 900 is that I didn't buy it earlier.

Steve

/ Kubota 900 RTV
Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to pick it up Saturday. Well actually my brother in law is going to pick it up for me since I am still 7000 miles away. Sure hope I like it when I get home March 12.