Mx5100

/ Mx5100 #1  

jarroyo

Tractor
Ford 4000
Interested in the opinion of others on this tractor. 2008 Mx5100 gear drive with FEL. 221 hours. Single owner. At the local JD store. They are asking 19,500. Is this a good price? Seems a bit high to me. Thanks for any thoughts.

/ Mx5100 #2  
I assume it is 4WD for that price.

I came to t a similar conclusion when shopping, which was the price difference between a new Kubota and a slightly used Kubota of similar capability was not worth the risk of someone else's abuse.

Others on TBN may have more successful experiences buying used because they were familiar with the prospective tractor or were in a better position to repair or fix undiscovered problems but being new to tractors, I did not have that advantage.

Hope you enjoy finding the tractor that meets your needs (wants) and budget.

/ Mx5100
I did forget to mention it is 4wd.

/ Mx5100 #4  
Tractor itself is a very nice package, but I'd want to know something about why it's been traded with so few hours. There may be some basically innocuous reason (i.e. owner traded up or down, wanted HST, liked green vs. orange paint, etc.), but there's also a chance it had some mechanical issues.

/ Mx5100 #5  
what they are wanting for that tractor is about $2000 less than what it sold for new.here they are selling MX5100 gear 2wd w/fel for $19500 new.

/ Mx5100 #6  
Seems high to me also,,,,buy a new one. You'll have 0 hours on it plus a warranty...............Bought my MX5100 4wd new last year. $18,300. (no fel). Nice tractor...................