Buying Advice Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #21  
I'm an engineer.

I find it funny that most of the threads like this are started by either engineers or some kind of certified mechanics.

The OP sounds like just another attention ***** to me....

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #22  
I think we had the same kinda post a few weeks ago on another Kubota bashing post.. ?? so it looks like maybe 2 bad Kubotas floating around out there. Well I did a little math and $1400 in repairs and 17yrs old.. thats about $82 a year in repairs? I have spent $20 on my brand new Kubota with less than 50hrs on it.. so I am in trouble and might beat that $82 a yr number...The $20 was on the rubber tie rod boot on the front...I CAN NOT understand how it ripped running thru 10ft Briars that are as strong a wire cable.. Just cheap rubber I guess..:p In my mind thats the price of doing business.. Heck- I have had or have right now- duck boats, ski boats, RV, Kaw-Mule,4wheeler, golf carts and so on.. If you have and use these things they will break or stuff rattles loose so in my mind $82 a year in repairs isnt bad at ALL:D.. Heck I ran the duck boat over a WIRE trout line and cost me $200 to fix it.. I need to call Johnson and tell them there motors SUCK!@!

AndyG

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #23  
I think we had the same kinda post a few weeks ago on another Kubota bashing post.. ?? so it looks like maybe 2 bad Kubotas floating around out there. Well I did a little math and $1400 in repairs and 17yrs old.. thats about $82 a year in repairs? I have spent $20 on my brand new Kubota with less than 50hrs on it.. so I am in trouble and might beat that $82 a yr number...The $20 was on the rubber tie rod boot on the front...I CAN NOT understand how it ripped running thru 10ft Briars that are as strong a wire cable.. Just cheap rubber I guess..:p In my mind thats the price of doing business.. Heck- I have had or have right now- duck boats, ski boats, RV, Kaw-Mule,4wheeler, golf carts and so on.. If you have and use these things they will break or stuff rattles loose so in my mind $82 a year in repairs isnt bad at ALL:D.. Heck I ran the duck boat over a WIRE trout line and cost me $200 to fix it.. I need to call Johnson and tell them there motors SUCK!@!

AndyG

Well said Andy...Make sure you call Johnson about that.:D

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #24  
I first started to say this is quite obviously the same person that joins a forum then posts a crazy bashing letter that is so obviously a joke but then I decided if it happens to be true and I don't think it is, it is a fantastic endorsement for Kubota.:thumbsup: If it happens to be true, that many years and hours of use and that few problems has convinced me that I won't have to trade again in my life time. Really, really hope it's true and the new ones built as good as that old one. Kubota could use this on their sales campaigns.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #25  
Bought a new Kubota in 1992 and still own it. Close to 3000 hrs and I think it is as good a unit now as it was 19 yrs ago, maybe even better. But in the next few years or hours it may cause trouble and then I will wonder why I wasted my money.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #26  
Wow 17 yrs and thats the only repairs. We had a L3300 of the same age and put about 1,500 hrs on it in 3 or 4 yrs then traded it guess we should have kept it as I knew it was a good tractor but didn't know it would last 14 more years with next to no work on it.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #27  
I have no reason to doubt he had a couple of problems and feels frustrated. IMO I think some people expect too much. I expect in 17 years of a tractor's life some will have more problems than others. I hope mine is one of the "fewer problem tractors". If I have to do some repairs along the way so be it. But then again I know of no brand of tractor that gives any where near a 17 year warranty.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #28  
That type of post is referred to as "trolling" where the poster knows it will stir up all kinds of trouble and then he sits back and watches the action.

I find generally that people who advertise that they are engineers usually aren't, or wish they were. Engineers with degrees usually possess some level of communication and diplomatic skills along with their technical expertise.

Just illustrates how anybody can write anything and post it on the Internet. Adds a level of amusement, I suppose.

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #29  
HHmmmm......my JD blew an engine at 200 hrs, tranny at 1200 hrs, pto at 8000hrs, Cat engine got antifreeze in the oil at 2500hrs etc...etc.... I could go on and on as I have another 21 machines to go through. Everyone has had multiple problems. Some caused by operator error most just wear and tear. The JD engine was NOT operator error. S---t happens. No machine is perfect. I hope my Kubota's do as well as that l3400.:cool:

/ Kubota: Please Read Before You Buy #30  
Does anyone have a 17 year old car with 100k miles on it? (about equivalent to 1600 tractor hours). My car needed brakes and a water pump and has some rust. If you are smart you won't buy a (insert car model here).

Status
Not open for further replies.