Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #21  
Just curious, why did you post in this forum? Your choice was between two Kubotas. This forum is for comparing different manufacturers against each other. You would have gotten much more feedback in the "Kubota Buying and Pricing" forum. I recommend you take a look at that forum. Once you have your tractor, you'll want to use the "Kubota Owning and Operating" forum.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #22  
How much is the hyd. rotator?

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers
Don H - I can't wait to get the machine here and play with it.

Tom H. - I posted here because I'm naive... Actually I hoped to get a wider audience than I would in one of the Kubota forums.

Tractoron - That thing is way too expensive... I'm embarrassed to say that it cost me $700. It will definitely get used a lot though in my situation.

take care.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #24  
Just curious, why did you post in this forum? Your choice was between two Kubotas. This forum is for comparing different manufacturers against each other. You would have gotten much more feedback in the "Kubota Buying and Pricing" forum. I recommend you take a look at that forum. Once you have your tractor, you'll want to use the "Kubota Owning and Operating" forum.

Huh.??.....I compare Deere models all the time.

In this case, I think the buying/pricing/comparison forum worked out just fine.

Congrats and enjoy the new tractor. Pictures are mandatory.!!:thumbsup::D

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #25  
I honestly didn't see a problem with the post being here either.

Anyone that has run a subcut knows the capabilities of the Kubota. And in this section the bradleyb was able to reach more people in the 'snow-belt'.

I personally cleared over 48 inches of snow from my driveway with my old Cub Cadet 2160 with the belt drive front snowblower. So I know the 1860 Kubota will do a fantastic job for his needs.

If he would have posted in the Kubota forum...........I may not have been able to help him.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #26  
I think there is actually a narrower audience here in terms of Kubota owners. I just happened to see it because it was, for the moment, the most recent in the forum and showed up on the main page. I normally only go to the Kubota forums, and thus only saw this thread by chance. The very first thread (a stickie) at the top of this forum very clearly says, "Brand specific threads belong in a brand specific forum." http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0521-brand-specific-threads-belong-brand.html The moderators usually move entire threads when you don't follow their rules. I don't make those rules, but it would be prudent to be aware that they usually do that.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #27  
I think there is actually a narrower audience here in terms of Kubota owners. I just happened to see it because it was, for the moment, the most recent in the forum and showed up on the main page. I normally only go to the Kubota forums, and thus only saw this thread by chance. The very first thread (a stickie) at the top of this forum very clearly says, "Brand specific threads belong in a brand specific forum." http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0521-brand-specific-threads-belong-brand.html The moderators usually move entire threads when you don't follow their rules. I don't make those rules, but it would be prudent to be aware that they usually do that.
Sorry we upset you, we'll try to to do better from now on.

But I have to ask...........since this thread got your attention...............your suggestion for bradleyb would have been?

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #28  
I see this thread now that it has been moved to the Kubota Forum. I own Kubotas so I read the Kubota Forum. I never read the other colored forums because I don't have time nor an interest or working knowledge of other colors.
I don't think tom was upset, he just made a suggestion or asked a question.
The OP was concerning which size Kubota to buy which would seem to fit better in the Kubota forum. I do see that there was also a big question concerning the capability and preference concerning snowblowers,
Looks like it all worked out.:thumbsup: The buyer made the right choice of a Orange Kubota instead of one of those other starnge colors:D so he is on the right path to great working machine in a beautiful color.:laughing:
Feel positive he will now be spending his time here in the Kubota owners forum and will never look back,,,,,,,,well maybe look back and see those other colored machines behind him trying to catch up.:laughing:

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #29  
I see this thread now that it has been moved to the Kubota Forum. I own Kubotas so I read the Kubota Forum. I never read the other colored forums because I don't have time nor an interest or working knowledge of other colors.
I don't think tom was upset, he just made a suggestion or asked a question.
The OP was concerning which size Kubota to buy which would seem to fit better in the Kubota forum. I do see that there was also a big question concerning the capability and preference concerning snowblowers,
Looks like it all worked out.:thumbsup: The buyer made the right choice of a Orange Kubota instead of one of those other starnge colors:D so he is on the right path to great working machine in a beautiful color.:laughing:
Feel positive he will now be spending his time here in the Kubota owners forum and will never look back,,,,,,,,well maybe look back and see those other colored machines behind him trying to catch up.:laughing:
I try to refrain from brand bashing, the only exception being the JD 2305. The aluminum transaxle has a tendency to break apart rather easily when used as intended.

Wealth is knowledge, and if one limits their knowledge to one certain thing in life...........sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees.

Because I had the knowledge of the machines the poster was considering, and alternatives, and his specific operating conditions, I was able to give him an informed opinion from all angles...........not just one.

/ Kubota BX 1860 or 2360 - Need advice from fellow snow belt dwellers #30  
Brad call your insurer to verify exactly what they cover, you may also want to get a written copy. Not all homeowners insurance is the same and some people here find out that what they thought was covered isn't. Mine seams pretty good compared to most but insurance is peace of mind so it's worth the extra few minutes now.