Buying Advice Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #11  
when i made them the offer on the MX5100 HST 4x4 with LA844 loader,they had to call kubota to see if they could meet my price.an they told him to take my offer.

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #12  
Prices do depend on where you live. Around here the best I was able to do was about 5% off. I may have done better if I haggled or if I was real serious when I was checking prices, at the time I was more looking for used. One dealer had a sheet from a special they were running at a local fair still attached to a couple of the tractors. It gave the down deposit and monthly payments and the length of the loan. It wasn't hard to do the math and get the bottom line price.

I would think in Texas you should be finding dealers that would be giving you at least 10% off.

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #13  
i got 2 prices for the kubota i bought,1 was $25,995 2 was $27,500.i did not haggle on the 2nd price as i didnt like the dealership,an i wasnt buying from them.so i went with #1 price an got them to knock off almost 8%.

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #14  
Dealers determine what they will take. Cash or finance usually doesn't make any difference at all since the dealer gets the same amount either way. Usually the tractors are owned by Kubota and not the dealer for a period of time. There are discounts offered from time to time on certain models to dealers and a good dealer will pass these on to the customer. I've bought twelve from Barlows so I believe they have the best price. On this forum Barlows seems to set the standard for the lowest price and if a local dealer will match or get close to their price then a fair deal has been made.
Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #15  
Last fall I priced Kubotas at three different delerships and found I could get 15-16% below the build and price on the web site. That seemed to be the bottom line for all three dealers. You would probably have to find a unique situation to get much lower. They don't seem to be having any problems with selling tractors in the 15% below list price range.

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #16  
My Kubota dealer does not go below MSRP. The Deere dealer is 10%, Kioti is 15%, Massey Dealer is very competetive and usually one of the lowest cost quotes.

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #17  
How much can one expect to pay for additional charges like freight from the distributor to dealer, dealer prep, etc. Are there other charges tagged on? I realize freight will vary depending on the dealers location but I'd like to get some budget numbers so I can estimate an out-the-door price.

When you build your tractor on their website do those prices include the labor for installing the options?

/ Do dealers expect MSRP, or typically go down on price #18  
How much can one expect to pay for additional charges like freight from the distributor to dealer, dealer prep, etc. Are there other charges tagged on? I realize freight will vary depending on the dealers location but I'd like to get some budget numbers so I can estimate an out-the-door price.

When you build your tractor on their website do those prices include the labor for installing the options?

Bought a BX2660 in December; nothing for setup/labor but there was a paper-work fee of just over $200. I got the tractor for 9% under MSRP which is about the going rate in the Northeast.