Buying Advice Kubota compared to John Deere

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #1  

rarvesen

I'm new to tractors. How come you choose Kubota over John Deere? I'm not trying to start a war like Ford vs. Chevy, I honestly don't know very much and I'm trying to learn more. I have heard that Kubota is as good as John Deere but around 10% cheaper for the equivalent tractor, I'm not sure if that is true or not. In my area, I have Kubota and John Deere dealers and both have good reputations.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #2  
I don't think there is any difference in quality between the two, just some differences. We own a John Deere 2305 and BX2660. We much prefer the BX and bought it partly out of our dissatisfaction with the JD. Now JD is replacing that model with one that appears to have better features than the BX.

In the CUTs, I dislike the left foot brakes on their HST while some prefer them as well as the dual pedals as opposed to those on the Kubota.

In the larger CUT and UT with gears, it is just a matter of the better dealer as both make great tractors.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #3  
choosing a tractor brand is mostly a personal preferance.price for some is the main choice.because they want the most for the money spent.some match the tractor to the job they want todo with it.noy putting JD down but they will be higher priced than most any tractor you compare to them.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #4  
I feel that with Kubota, you get all the quality, reliability, resale value, etc. at a lower cost. Plus..... more tractor choices in a given category. Maybe even too many. But with that being said, I'd have no hesitation to buy a JD, or several other brands if the tractor was a good fit for me. More than anything, it comes down to the features you want in your tractor. Good luck with your tractor shopping !

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #5  
All poking fun aside.. (another post) I looked at several JD and liked them.. It took me several months to make my mind up. I looked at all brands even the cheaper ones.. After really sitting and driving one around the Kubota was it for me..The deal for me sealed the deal as I got a GST at a good price, but in all I still would have bought the Kubota.. Problem is you just cant find as many shirts and hats for Kubota as you can for John Deere?..

AndyG

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #6  
I bought a Kubota, because he got me into the correct tractor for me. I was also looking at JD's, and I'm sure I would be happy with that also.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #7  
I think JD is more comfortable than all the others, but I bought MF because of the power and price.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #8  
I owned a JD 790 before my Kubota. Great little tractor, but I wanted to step into a factory cab and get away from gear and into hydro.
Deere's smallest factory cab tractor was several thousand more than Kubota's. That sealed the deal for me.
I believe that you'll get a quality tractor with either brand. You just have to decide which tractor best suits your personal variables.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #9  
When I purchased my first tractor I looked at JD first ,New Holland second and Kubota last.All three dealers are fairly close.Our JD dealer is a very good one,we have three JD mowers,the New Holland dealer acted like he couldn't care if I bought or not,went to the Kubota dealer to look at the "B" series,decided that it was too small,the dealer gave me a great price on a L3130HST with a slightly used Brush-hog.New tractor,brush-hog and HST for less than the JD or NH.Since I have purchased a second tractor and several implements from him.Bottom line its...the deal...service...tractor fit for you.
Good luck ,all the main manufacturers are good.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #10  
I thought for sure I'd be gettin' me a brand new shiny green JD. But my local JD dealer just didn't feel right. Felt much more like a car dealership. And their selection on the lot was lacking. Went to the Kubota dealership & it just seemed much better; Even though it's a much smaller lot, they had many more models. Also felt like "real people" vs JD's "sales people". I felt like the Kubota people genuinely wanted to get me the right tractor for me, suggesting things but without pushing me, & definitely no pressure to buy. The JD salesman just seemed only kinda interested. I also think Kubota's website is better, more organized.