Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #1  

RayinGA

Tractor
buying B2710HSD w/Kubota ldr;Bush Hog rotary cutter, PHD w/9" auger, boom pole
Hello the Board
First post, soon-to-be new L2600 owner, been 'lurking' here now several weeks trying to learn some tractor basics. I'm one of those folks who research, read, graph, columnize, ad nauseaum, 'til I get sick of it, then go make an impulsive purchase. Anyhow, agonized over B series vs L series, HST vs DT, sizes, power, etc, and decided on an L2600. Dealer close by, seems to be good folks. I went for the Kubota loader, and 2 weeks went by. Called dealer today, and he said the K ldr not in, may not be for awhile, and asked if I wanted to substitute a Bush Hog (he's also a BH dealer), which he can have in couple days. Asked his opinion, he said Kubota a better "fit" of course, but the BH was not a bad alternative, and a little less expensive. My call.

I know Bush Hog makes good attachments, and I am getting one of their rear rotaries and an auger. But, I'm a little worried about the loader since it is more integrated as to hydralics, controls, fit, etc, than a rear pull attachment.

What are you all's thoughts on the Bush Hog loader? I'd welcome any advice, positive or negative...the money's not that much of a factor, but I sure dont want to wait a month before i can get my tractor (the wife may change her mind at any time, and unpunch the ticket).

Thanking you in advance,

RayinGA

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #2  
By the sounds of your post you really want the Kubota loader and I would wait for it,for it will give your tractor a custom look.
Can't your dealer call around to other Kubota dealers for the loader ? My dealer did for me.
Woods attachments are very good except for there rakes,and thats why I bought a York rake w/ the blade.

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #3  
Ray, Bush Hog makes good products, as you probably know, but I'd wait on the Kubota loader. If you're not completely satisfied when you first get your tractor, it'll probably get worse instead of better with time. When I bought my B2710 last year, I had to wait 2 or 3 weeks until the loader arrived; didn't like it, but glad I waited.

Bird

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #4  
I certainly agree with Bird. You will have the loader for the rest of your life, so wait for the right one. In the meantime have the dealer loan you a rear mounted scoop to do some of the things you need the loader for, and take the next 3 weeks to get aquainted with your new orange friend

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #5  
I had to wait on my loader also. It was worth the wait! I had an after market loader (Great Bend which I believe it now owned by Bush Hog) on my last tractor and while it worked ok, it was not the neat fit and everything just right that the Kubota loader is. The Kubota loader is fitted better to the tractor.

<font color=red>Wait for it - you will be glad you did. If you want to - take the tractor and have the dealer pick up the tractor to install the loader when it comes in.</font color=red> Many of the Kubota loaders were improved recently and they have had a backlog on getting them out of the factory.

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #6  
Alright, alright: Me too! Me too!

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #7  
Ray,

I had to wait for the L481 loader on my L3010 several weeks longer than the tractor. The dealer was willing to deliver the tractor and pick it up when the loader arrived. I just waited for everything. I was only going to get one shot at the tractor I'd always wanted so I was willing to wait.
Kevin

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #8  
Ray, Ordered a Bush hog loader for my B8200 which I got used. Loader shows up after waiting 4 weeks not painted orange and with no bucket. I found a LA350 loader used for less and was I ever glad! saved money and got the right fit. Wait for the right loader, you will be alot happier.

Von

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #9  
I had a 6 week wait. When I told the dealer I wasn't interested in taking the tractor until the loader came in (why have the warranty tick off on it while waiting), they offered me a loaner blade for the interim. Then I had something useful, so I accepted delivery. Like others stated, when the loader arrived, they picked the tractor up and presto - loader. Ask for a loaner 'toy' (who knows, maybe they have a backhoe laying around), and wait for the better-fit loader.

My sons.

/ Bush Hog vs. Kubota Loader #10  
I put a BushHog on my B8200 last fall. I am very happy with the unit. I did go with a black unit; they had one there, so there was no wait. did take them a day to order and recieve the B8200 specific brackets. Actually, I like the contrasting colors... wierd, huh!

I have used it a fair amount since buying it; it has worked perfectly.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif