Kubota 30/30

/ Kubota 30/30 #1  

chinawall

Silver Member
What are your opinions on the Kubota 30/30?:confused: They seem to be at a good price right now.

/ Kubota 30/30 #2  
I have a B3030HSDC and I'm 110% happy with it. No issues , dead reliable ...... plenty of power for my chores.

/ Kubota 30/30 #3  
I have a B3030HSDC and I'm 110% happy with it. No issues , dead reliable ...... plenty of power for my chores.

I totally agree with Ductape and then some. Depending on your needs, I don't think you could go wrong.

I'm sure you'll appreciate the machine equally or even more. In my case, I'd say 115% happy, and that's when I'm in the shop just looking at it. :D

/ Kubota 30/30 #4  
What are your opinions on the Kubota 30/30?:confused: They seem to be at a good price right now.

I've had mine about 4 years & wouldn't trade it for anything. A/C for in the summer when it's hot & heat in the winter when it's cold & snow needs to be plowed.

/ Kubota 30/30 #5  
B3030 was a grand slam model for kubota, i ran one myself for several years!

/ Kubota 30/30 #6  
No current Kubota model has both position control and a free floating MMM. You can get one or the other, but not both. The B3030 has position control, which is much better than quarter inching valve, but not as good as draft control. The MMM for the B3030 cannot be run while partially suspended. It must be lowered with the full weight on the anti-scalp rollers in order to engage the deck. Depending on one's needs, these capabilities matter to some operators and not at all to others. There are numerous lengthy threads in the archives full of valuable information. The search tool will help you find them. Good luck with your investigation!

/ Kubota 30/30 #7  
No current Kubota model has both position control and a free floating MMM. You can get one or the other, but not both. The B3030 has position control, which is much better than quarter inching valve, but not as good as draft control. The MMM for the B3030 cannot be run while partially suspended. It must be lowered with the full weight on the anti-scalp rollers in order to engage the deck. Depending on one's needs, these capabilities matter to some operators and not at all to others. There are numerous lengthy threads in the archives full of valuable information. The search tool will help you find them. Good luck with your investigation!

Could you elaborate on why you can't run the mower deck in the fully raised position? I've used a B7610 quite a bit and the mower deck functions perfectly fine lowered or raised, and it is a full floating type as well.

/ Kubota 30/30 #8  
Could you elaborate on why you can't run the mower deck in the fully raised position? I've used a B7610 quite a bit and the mower deck functions perfectly fine lowered or raised, and it is a full floating type as well.

That is a good question. I don't know why Kubota builds them this way, but the current B series models that are numbered XX00 have floating decks, but no position control. Current B series models that are numbered XX30 have position control, but do not offer floating decks. Your B7610 is out of production and I don't know which other older models have either of these capabilities. There has been a lot of speculation in the archives about why Kubota doesn't offer both on one tractor. If I understand correctly, JD has a tractor in this class with both capabilities. I'm not pushing green, but this was a big reason I did not trade up to a B3030 back when I had more $ than I do now. Perhaps others with more info than I can pitch in.

Afterthought: the OP said the B3030 is at a good price right now. I wonder if that's his local dealer or everywhere. Someone else said prices were about to go up. I wonder if a price drop on the B3030 could indicate that it's going to be phased out and replaced with something that has both of these features? Just wild speculation on my part. Maybe any dealers on TBN could offer insight.

/ Kubota 30/30 #9  
Afterthought: the OP said the B3030 is at a good price right now. I wonder if that's his local dealer or everywhere. Someone else said prices were about to go up. I wonder if a price drop on the B3030 could indicate that it's going to be phased out and replaced with something that has both of these features? Just wild speculation on my part. Maybe any dealers on TBN could offer insight.

The B3030 is being replaced by a B3000, which is the same exact tractor except it will have the quarter inching valve ( :confused::confused::confused: ) instead of the current position control ......and supposedly has a little new sound insulation in the cab. Nothing in the new B3000 that I can see that would make me want one over a B3030.

/ Kubota 30/30 #10  

NOT TRUE!! You can run that mid-mounted mower raised up all the way, lowered all the way or any position in between. I own a B3030 for almost 4 years.