Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    90

    Default Kubota 30/30

    What are your opinions on the kubota 30/30? They seem to be at a good price right now.

  2. #2
    Elite Member Ductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    Location
    Central New Hampshire
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    I have a B3030HSDC and I'm 110% happy with it. No issues , dead reliable ...... plenty of power for my chores.

  3. #3
    Gold Member Mounted Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    423
    Location
    Cobble Hill, British Columbia
    Tractor
    2014 BX2370 as of today

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
    I have a B3030HSDC and I'm 110% happy with it. No issues , dead reliable ...... plenty of power for my chores.
    I totally agree with Ductape and then some. Depending on your needs, I don't think you could go wrong.

    I'm sure you'll appreciate the machine equally or even more. In my case, I'd say 115% happy, and that's when I'm in the shop just looking at it.
    2008 - 2011 BX24 with 9" auger, back blade and post driver (traded BX24)
    2011 - 2013 B3030HSDC with q/a FEL; 3pt snowblower; ballast box; 9" auger; back blade (sold B3030HSDC)
    2014 - 2014 BX2370 with q/a FEL/forks; ballast box

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    183
    Tractor
    B3030HSDCC, Oliver 77, JD LX288

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by chinawall View Post
    What are your opinions on the kubota 30/30? They seem to be at a good price right now.
    I've had mine about 4 years & wouldn't trade it for anything. A/C for in the summer when it's hot & heat in the winter when it's cold & snow needs to be plowed.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member lawn_king's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,602
    Location
    Hanover massachusetts
    Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    B3030 was a grand slam model for kubota, i ran one myself for several years!
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,438
    Location
    20 mi SE of Sacramento, CA-rural
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    No current kubota model has both position control and a free floating MMM. You can get one or the other, but not both. The B3030 has position control, which is much better than quarter inching valve, but not as good as draft control. The MMM for the B3030 cannot be run while partially suspended. It must be lowered with the full weight on the anti-scalp rollers in order to engage the deck. Depending on one's needs, these capabilities matter to some operators and not at all to others. There are numerous lengthy threads in the archives full of valuable information. The search tool will help you find them. Good luck with your investigation!

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,895
    Location
    S. W. Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
    No current kubota model has both position control and a free floating MMM. You can get one or the other, but not both. The B3030 has position control, which is much better than quarter inching valve, but not as good as draft control. The MMM for the B3030 cannot be run while partially suspended. It must be lowered with the full weight on the anti-scalp rollers in order to engage the deck. Depending on one's needs, these capabilities matter to some operators and not at all to others. There are numerous lengthy threads in the archives full of valuable information. The search tool will help you find them. Good luck with your investigation!
    Could you elaborate on why you can't run the mower deck in the fully raised position? I've used a B7610 quite a bit and the mower deck functions perfectly fine lowered or raised, and it is a full floating type as well.
    Kubota B3200
    Ford NAA Jubilee
    International 454D
    Case 1845C skid steer
    JD 265

  8. #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,438
    Location
    20 mi SE of Sacramento, CA-rural
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Verticaltrx View Post
    Could you elaborate on why you can't run the mower deck in the fully raised position? I've used a B7610 quite a bit and the mower deck functions perfectly fine lowered or raised, and it is a full floating type as well.
    That is a good question. I don't know why kubota builds them this way, but the current B series models that are numbered XX00 have floating decks, but no position control. Current B series models that are numbered XX30 have position control, but do not offer floating decks. Your B7610 is out of production and I don't know which other older models have either of these capabilities. There has been a lot of speculation in the archives about why Kubota doesn't offer both on one tractor. If I understand correctly, JD has a tractor in this class with both capabilities. I'm not pushing green, but this was a big reason I did not trade up to a B3030 back when I had more $ than I do now. Perhaps others with more info than I can pitch in.

    Afterthought: the OP said the B3030 is at a good price right now. I wonder if that's his local dealer or everywhere. Someone else said prices were about to go up. I wonder if a price drop on the B3030 could indicate that it's going to be phased out and replaced with something that has both of these features? Just wild speculation on my part. Maybe any dealers on TBN could offer insight.

  9. #9
    Elite Member Ductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    Location
    Central New Hampshire
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
    Afterthought: the OP said the B3030 is at a good price right now. I wonder if that's his local dealer or everywhere. Someone else said prices were about to go up. I wonder if a price drop on the B3030 could indicate that it's going to be phased out and replaced with something that has both of these features? Just wild speculation on my part. Maybe any dealers on TBN could offer insight.

    The B3030 is being replaced by a B3000, which is the same exact tractor except it will have the quarter inching valve ( ) instead of the current position control ......and supposedly has a little new sound insulation in the cab. Nothing in the new B3000 that I can see that would make me want one over a B3030.

  10. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    183
    Tractor
    B3030HSDCC, Oliver 77, JD LX288

    Default Re: Kubota 30/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
    No current kubota model has both position control and a free floating MMM. You can get one or the other, but not both. The B3030 has position control, which is much better than quarter inching valve, but not as good as draft control. The MMM for the B3030 cannot be run while partially suspended. It must be lowered with the full weight on the anti-scalp rollers in order to engage the deck. Depending on one's needs, these capabilities matter to some operators and not at all to others. There are numerous lengthy threads in the archives full of valuable information. The search tool will help you find them. Good luck with your investigation!
    NOT TRUE!! You can run that mid-mounted mower raised up all the way, lowered all the way or any position in between. I own a B3030 for almost 4 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kubota engine oil recommendation
    By piller in forum Oil, Fuel & Lubricants
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 01:07 PM
  2. Kioti DK45SE HSTC vs Kubota L4740 HSTC vs Montana R4944HST
    By BrianWillan in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. JD 3520 or Kubota Grand L3940?
    By lilyflynn in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 02:24 AM
  4. Kubota will buy back my B3030
    By jgbiker in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
  5. Financing Kubota Financing and B21
    By NHRAJ700 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2002, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.