Buying Advice Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #1  

cook7200

I have been looking to purchase a BX25 from a dealer in central KY that everyone has been talking about. I would like advice on purchasing a tractor from a dealer that is 3 hours from where I live and using a local dealer for repair. Does warranty work the same on tractors as automobiles. I have three dealers within 45 minutes that can work on Kubota. It just sounds like the dealership in central KY works harder for your business. Thanks for your advice.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #2  
my dealer is 40mi from me.an i have a local dealer thats 15mi from me.but as a personal thing i dont think id use my local dealer for repairs.prolly use them for oil an filters.if your warrenty would be honored by your local dealer then go for it.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #3  
Im pretty sure legally they are required to work on it. Now whether or not your machine gets put at the bottom of the list behind customers that purchased there is up to them.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #4  
its a FACTORY warranty. does not mater what factory authorizes service center you use.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #5  
What sort of work are you talking about? If it's routine service then I don't know why any dealer would turn that down since it's easy and they make good money, since they make money on labor and parts. If it warranty then it's part of their contract to work on it with Kubota. Again they make money when they do warranty work so it shouldn't be a problem.

I know some people who have great relationships with their dealers but none of the close ones around me every felt like that was going to happen. I felt like more of a number. I guess if I bought 10 tractors from them in the last couple of years it could be different. I suspect that a dealer may give a little preference to someone who bought a tractor from them but I doubt 1 tractor would be enough. I'm sure the guy who bought 5 tractors or is a farmer with more than one machine costing a lot more will get bumped up.

But for the most part I don't really plan on using the local dealers for anything. I'm sure most Kubotas never have problems for much longer than the warranty and by the time it does it's old enough the dealer would not remember if it was bought there or not. Of course I don't like dealer stickers on anything I own so I pull them off.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #6  
Despite having bought a M9540, B7610 and ZD21 from our local Kubota dealer, they were still hesitant to look at an issue with my B3200 which I purchased elsewhere. They told me I needed to take it back to the dealer I bought it from for warranty work (100mi away). They may be legally bound by Kubota to do warranty work on all Kubota tractors, but that doesn't mean they have to do a good job on it or do it in a timely manner.

I have never had a good feeling about the service departments at most dealerships, so I end up doing almost 100% of my mechanical work myself. Even a couple small repairs that would have been under warranty on my tractor (steel hyd line, sticking HST pedal), I paid for the parts and did it myself. A lot less headache than the mess they could create by doing a shoddy job.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #7  
I have been looking to purchase a BX25 from a dealer in central KY that everyone has been talking about. I would like advice on purchasing a tractor from a dealer that is 3 hours from where I live and using a local dealer for repair. Does warranty work the same on tractors as automobiles. I have three dealers within 45 minutes that can work on Kubota. It just sounds like the dealership in central KY works harder for your business. Thanks for your advice.
Barlows is one central Kentucky dealer that works for sales by giving great prices. They have also provided parts under warranty for some on this forum and shipped them to them.
Out of twelve Kubotas I've bought in seven years I've only had one (L3240HST for FEL arms out of alignment) I've ever taken back for warranty work and a couple times I've picked up parts under warranty and installed them my self. I almost forgot, I did take a one front tire leaking air for a BX back to Barlows for them to have a tube installed under warranty. All Kubota dealers get paid for doing warranty work on Kubotas under warranty. Dealer does have choice of order of work scheduled. May not go to top of list if they have a list if bought elsewhere but may not go to top of list even if bought from them.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #8  
No matter how close the dealer, a trip for warranty work is gong to take several hours of my time, plus a transport fee from the dealer.

If I can possibly do it myself, I do.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair #9  
(knocking on wood as I type)

I have had two different tractors over a 3 year period and have never been in for repairs and I do all the maintenance myself. You will too if you can change oil.

I bought my last tractor from Barlow's because the price and the service were light years ahead and I am in the DC area so probably 1000 miles away.

/ Buying from one dealer / Using another for repair
Wow, that is not only great advice, but also great encouragement to a first time buyer. I believe I have made up my mind on machine and dealer. If not for those on this forum I believe my research would not be finished. Thanks to all.:thumbsup::D