3540 Cab. Wish me luck

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #1  

JP11

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
You know.. I just typed that.. but I really don't need luck.

Tomorrow morning the buyer for my used JD 1020 should be leaving with it.

I've studied, and priced, and researched. I priced at 4 dealerships in Maine. One out of state: Barlows.

Barlows is cheaper by about 1600 over the lowest local dealer. This is on tractor, loader, and one attachment.

I'm going to the dealership with a healthy pile of cash, and a credit score in the Mid 800s. I really shouldn't NEED luck. I would LIKE to buy from a guy that's less than 10 miles from home.

I WON'T however pay him that much more over my other prices. I certainly can't hold sales tax against any of them.. and that's not the difference I am talking about.

One way or another.. a 3540 is getting purchased tomorrow. I printed out a sheet of exactly what I want. I WANT to buy it local, but I don't NEED to.

JP

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck
Oh.. and a big thanks to all on here that have helped with the research. I went from my old JD, to getting a 3030 and mowing and blowing with it and keeping my dumptruck..

to getting rid of it all.. and buying a 3540 and an exmark ZTR. Bought that yesterday. Delivered in a week or so.

and YES.. I'll post pics. My wife's a professional photographer and I could fill the 72" bucket of that Kubota with cameras.

JP

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #3  
congrats i truelly do hope your credit score helps you get the loan through kubota credit.i hsd dealings with them in oct an they turned me down.said i didnt have any credit.an id borrow money an quickly pay it off.an i also pay cash for alot of stuff.called my banker an told her i what i was fixing todo an she said go ahead an write the check.

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck
Bigbull-

yeah, these days you never know. A lot of it has to do with debt/income as well. I'm down to just my mortgage.. but it's a large one. I do have a family camp that I share with an uncle and my dad and brother. If I remember right.. they say it doesn't show up that way on the credit report. It appears as if I'm the only one. It's only a 30k camp or so..

I'm fortunate to have a pretty good salary. I would be shocked if I can't finance at 0% with the money I'm looking to put down.

I've planned on just under a thousand bucks is what I can stomach to "buy local"

we'll see if they agree.

JP

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #5  
You're on your way :thumbsup:

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #6  
Well since she's a pro we don't want pictures we want great pictures, maybe some action shots and then the gratuitous setting some in the back ground. Since we know the tractor is great we will be judging her work. :laughing:

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck
lol.. Ok, I've set the bar high now.

You guys are trying to get me in trouble. I think I finally got her settled down on buying it... now I gotta make her WORK. :)

You know.. Barlow's has to pay for delivery.. and I know he's making a profit on the tractor. So, it's up to the local guy. I'm the kind of guy who is loyal. If I buy from Barlow.. I'd be ordering filters and parts from him and having them shipped when at all possible.

If I add up the premium I'm willing to pay the local guy, plus what it must be costing Brady to get it to me.. that's no small amount of money over and above what I speculate he must have for a profit on a 32k dollar item.

JP

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #8  
He just moves a buttload of them, i had to put my dealers nutz in a vice and they were still 800-1000 more than him even after requoting, only difference was a better box blade. And ive bought 175k of equipment off them before ta boot! Go figure. Good luck and you will love it... Great machine.

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck
Funny you post that. I did my math on my offer with 900 over barlows DELIVERED price. I can't stomach paying more than that. I priced the implements at rounded off numbers of what another local dealer quoted.

JP

/ 3540 Cab. Wish me luck #10  
Congratulations, the L3540 is a really nice little tractor.:thumbsup: