KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #121  
Long time reader. First time poster. Created an account to vent.

I guess I will have to go against the majority here and say that I think KTAC insurance is pretty sorry.

I have been dealing with a guy on the phone at KTAC that seems to lack interpersonal skills, has no knowledge of how a farm operates, and has made it his primary goal to deny claims.

What is really disappointing about it is that if I were willing to lie about it or commit fraud, he apparently would have approved it with no problem.

They are supposed to give me a final answer tomorrow, but I was told to expect it to be "No".

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #122  
I've been working with State Farm to create a Personal Articles policy. To cover my new M59, pallet forks, and what I paid for my used commercial ZTR (~$3000) with the same coverage that KTAC offered (and $250 deductible) it's almost $200 less per year than what they offered for just the M59. I double and triple checked that my tractor would be covered against accidental damage, transport loss, coverage on other properties, theft, full replacement value (not prorated) etc. The agent assured me it was and I'll quadruple check once I get ready to sign the documents. Right now it's fully covered under my regular homeowners but not off the property should I need to transport it, and has a $1k deductible.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #123  
Long time reader. First time poster. Created an account to vent.

I guess I will have to go against the majority here and say that I think KTAC insurance is pretty sorry.

I have been dealing with a guy on the phone at KTAC that seems to lack interpersonal skills, has no knowledge of how a farm operates, and has made it his primary goal to deny claims.

What is really disappointing about it is that if I were willing to lie about it or commit fraud, he apparently would have approved it with no problem.

They are supposed to give me a final answer tomorrow, but I was told to expect it to be "No".

Please email me your name and claim number (if you have it) and I will take a look at it (brian.carter@kubota.com). Our claim process is without doubt the easiest for our customers and dealers so I am very surprised to see a complaint. That being said, I understand there will be the occassional difference of opinion on something being covered or not. I will take a look at your claim request and respond directly to you.

Thanks,
Brian

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #124  
Greetings,

Buying insurance for property and liability coverage used to be a pretty simple and reasonable process . . but that is no longer the case. It is anything but simple.

If you have a farm policy . . understand that your insurace is more commercial than a homeowner's policy . . big differences all across the board . . including "who is the operator".

Another really big issue is the idea of "off premise". Its much different than many understand. It means being at your next door neighbor is "off premise". It means being on the road in front of your property is "off premise". And liability coverages and umbrellas typically don't apply unless it is auto or marine coverage etc..

I recently was studying the differences between KTAC coverage for Kubota equipment vs. AGCO coverage for Massey Ferguson equipment. There are some striking differences in costs and coverages between the two.

Lets all remember that whether its Kubota or Massey insurance . . the prime motivator why the insurance process started for either . . was because of their financing programs and the desire to get paid if something happened to THEIR equipment while it was still financed.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #125  
Does it matter if you own the county road?

Brothers place dates from 1860 and there was a question about the county frontage road and he had it researched... turns out it is on property he owns...

What about going from field to field traveling a couple of hundred yards on a county road?

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #126  

Brothers place dates from 1860 and there was a question about the county frontage road and he had it researched... turns out it is on property he owns...

We (my relatives) also used to own a road . . but as soon as the local gov't entity starts to plow or maintain it . . then its no longer your's . . and prior to that . . its only the portion directly in contact with your address and no more.

My understanding of insurance definitions is that liability coverage or business or homeowners coverages is pinpoint focused on the address the policy is written for only. Even going next door to plow or snowblow etc. Is not on premise. Coverage types like auto, marine, or specific equipment insurance are designed for roaming . . but unless liability is written in to those specific policies . . your other policy liability coverages don't extend to them.

Lastly . . I learned the hard way that "great companies" on the sales side are not always the same quality on the claims side . . especially relating to adjusters and how their compensation is designed.

Now in a coversation just Friday with my homeowners coverage I found the lot we own next to our primary residence is not covered for liability . . and this is a high quality company.

The Massey insurance I just signed up for my new GC1715 is very reasonable (60 months coverage for less than $5.00 a month) . . and it will blend in coverages with my existing homeowners.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #127  
Interesting questions... I need to go a few hundred feet on a private road and then another fifty to access my gate for the back...

It was not always this way... when the roads were re-aligned in the 50's things changed to how they are now.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #128  

What about going from field to field traveling a couple of hundred yards on a county road?

We (my relatives) also used to own a road . . but as soon as the local gov't entity starts to plow or maintain it . . then its no longer your's . . and prior to that . . its only the portion directly in contact with your address and no more.

Our original deed is about 100 years older than that (yes, pre-revolution), and we technically "own" part of US Route 19... It is included in what we pay property tax on, but the state maintains it and everything along the sides and as far as they're concerned, they own it.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #129  
My brother is paying tax on it too...

The gas company was running a new line and some of my brother's neighbors got one free hookup because the line was shorter running through their property so it was a win/win.

My brother was looking into getting gas service and was told it would be many thousands of dollars... he then mentioned the neighbors free hookup and was told that was because the line was run on private property... my brother then produced the survey showing the gas line running thousands of feet on his deeded land under the country highway...

Since then the gas company has been silent...

California Statehood goes back to 1850 and this land grant his from 1860

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #130  
I guess I'd have to wonder how or why someone would want to own a road that government services and maintence would be done on it yet you pay property taxes on something you can't control.

If in fact a person owns a road or part of a road that is used as public transport . . then they would also be jointly liable for any issues related to that road (a walker who falls and breaks a leg, a car acvident caused by an poor sign or tree falling etc.).

Having an easement is one thing . . sharing in ownership is totally different. In Wisconsin or Minnesota . . a developer or owner of land can do whatever they can get a permit to do. But local goverment will not maintain in any form unless the land is deeded to the local government entity.

Its messy enough if someone slips and falls on a public sidewalk that crosses your property . . but joint ownership??? Not for me :)