KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #131  
This section of the road was originally just the paths that were cut to the north and south from the primary building plots on the land to neighboring areas that eventually became nearby towns. Originally when deeded, the only cleared land around for miles was where the previous owners had a small village (the Shawnee)...

As the property was broken up a couple times, the paths were considered right of ways for access from one to the other. Eventually as the towns were built to the north and south it became the primary path of travel between them by all and was designated a county road, to which one of my forefathers was paid a use-royalty. Eventually the state picked it up as a state road and later on it because a US Route, neither of which paid anything, and the latter buried a beautiful hand cut stone wall that stood out front to raise the road above flood levels.

I think as long as they are using it for their roadway, it and everything 12' from the edges of the pavement is 100% their responsibility, and if they ever move the road to straighten it out the land remains in our ownership and becomes under our control/responsibility again. With the interstate they built several miles away, coupled with the fact the property has been split and sections sold numerous times and there are simply too many property owners to deal with, chances of it ever moving at this point are slim... It may seem silly to pay taxes on something you don't have control over, but I don't want it wrote out of the deed should they ever decide to make changes. Keeping things as original as possible means a good deal to me.

I realize this is all very off topic (although this topic tends to wander at times)...

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #132  
In the far corner of my brother's land was a county school house... it was used for 40+ years as a school and from pictures it was a very nice building with a stable for the horses kids used to get to school... had a swing and teeter-totter with a school bell too.

The Land was given to the county in 1865 for the sole purpose of a school for the local community... it closed in 1912 when the kids started going to town...

In 1950... the building which was no longer maintained was burned by the fire department for training.

That same year the family petitioned for the return of the land since it was no longer used for the express purpose for which it was deeded... the land was returned and is again part of the ranch...

Insurance is something I know little about... especially when it comes to farms and farm equipment...

It would seem driving on the portion of county road you own and pay taxes for would still be on premise use???

The road is also a lifeline and has a lot of traffic for a two lane road... part of the reason it became a thoroughfare is the pioneer family that settled the land built a wooden bridge over the creek saving miles of travel to that corner of the county...

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #133  
When I closed on this property over thirty years ago my lawyer had me buy Indian Insurance. I questioned him but he told me to just pay it. It wasn't a ton of money and so many things were going on that I let it go. The bank also insisted on it. I abut 14,000 acres of state forest/bioreserve. Years later I find a burial mounds out in the back woods. I decided to tell the state about it, its someones history/family. The local tribe has been cool about it and were glad that they knew about it. Turns out this area had been sacred. All they asked was not to give out its location. I have no idea of what would happen if they decided to put some kind of claim on me. And yes I know we are way off topic but your stories just made me remember this.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #134  
When I closed on this property over thirty years ago my lawyer had me buy Indian Insurance. I questioned him but he told me to just pay it. It wasn't a ton of money and so many things were going on that I let it go. The bank also insisted on it. I abut 14,000 acres of state forest/bioreserve. Years later I find a burial mounds out in the back woods. I decided to tell the state about it, its someones history/family. The local tribe has been cool about it and were glad that they knew about it. Turns out this area had been sacred. All they asked was not to give out its location. I have no idea of what would happen if they decided to put some kind of claim on me. And yes I know we are way off topic but your stories just made me remember this.

Holy mackerel . . 14,000 acres ??? We're talking a "Ponderosa" :)

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #135  
About typical for open space/parkland around here... brother abuts 18,000

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #136  
Lol Just want to make sure...I don't own it. The state does. I did buy this place because of it. It makes a nice 'buffer'. :) Like ultra said its a good size state land but not unusual. Maybe out in some parts of the west its federal land not so much the state.