KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #51  
Just bought an RTV 500 from Kubota. Was a little peeved because after talking to the dealer on the phone and getting a quote, he sprang the insurance on me when we closed the deal. I felt I had been "shucked and jived" a little. I thought about canceling and the dealership owner came by where i worked and gave me a really good sales pitch about what the insurance covered. I decided to keep it. I also got personal libility from my homeowner agent for $4.00 a month. From reading the forums I think I made the right decision. My dealer told me he visits insured equipment owners during the lean winter months and checks their equipment and makes suggestions on repairs that can be covered by the policy. It makes for good relations and helps keep his mechanics busy. He even carries his trailer and hauls equipment back to be repaired. He even drums up some non-covered periodic maint. :thumbsup:

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #52  
Nothing against Kubota (I own 3 and really like them), but I found that Deere's coverage is much cheaper.
Maybe Kubota's is more comprehensive.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #53  
The Kubota insurence covers just about everything but normal wear and tear that would be covered by warrenty. Fire, trailer towing accident, stick thru radiator type stuff is covered. It costs about $8.00 a month. I hope I don't have to use it.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #54  
The Kubota insurence covers just about everything but normal wear and tear that would be covered by warrenty. Fire, trailer towing accident, stick thru radiator type stuff is covered. It costs about $8.00 a month. I hope I don't have to use it.

I paid a total of $287 for similar insurance through my JD dealer on a 4 year loan on my Kubota M-7040. Tractor is worth about $30K. That's only about $6/month.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #55  
ZMJC... Good news! I have been working with Kubota Canada and they will have the same insurance as KTAC available starting on Monday. Only drawback, you can only get the insurance included in your financing. It will take a few months to have a policy available for used equipment or equipment you pay cash for.

Is this confirmed? I'm in Canada and I just came back from my dealer. He said they don't offer insurance at all with or without financing; we need to find insurance on our own (and obviously provide proof of insurance before taking the tractor home - if it's financed). So anybody in Canada got KTAC insurance on their tractor yet? The local insurance companies either don't insure them at all or ask crazy prices; I'd rather get KTAC but it seems impossible...

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #56  
I am in Canada Danito and after first seeing this thread I asked about KTAC coverage in Canada and this is the reply I received:

Hello

Sorry but KTAC is only available for US customers. There is a similar
insurance offered through Kubota Canada but only at the time of purchase.
In other words, you can include the insurance with your financing but it isn't available after you sign the contract.

Regards,

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #57  
I am in Canada Danito and after first seeing this thread I asked about KTAC coverage in Canada and this is the reply I received:

Hello

Sorry but KTAC is only available for US customers. There is a similar
insurance offered through Kubota Canada but only at the time of purchase.
In other words, you can include the insurance with your financing but it isn't available after you sign the contract.

Regards,

This is the legal explanation. KTAC does not have an office in Canada so "KTAC Insurance Agency" isn't selling insurance in Canada. However, I worked directly, and still am, with Kubota Canada in creating an insurance policy that is exactly the same as the US policy. You can purchase it through Kubota Dealers at the time of purchase. I am heading to Kubota Canada tomorrow so hopefully we can get more dealers familiar with it. :thumbsup:

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #58  
Hi Brian...

Quick question. I just purchased a Kubota M6040 and opted for the KTAC insurance. My question, are tires covered for hazards? ie. metal picked up in the tire causing damage/loss of rim guard, etc. Haven't heard this specifically mentioned, so figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
Larry

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #59  
Hello Larry,

A "punctured" tire is typically not covered under property damage insurance. This type of damage is usually considered normal wear and tear and you will find this consistent with other policies such as property damage insurance for automobiles. A road hazard warranty or other protection is needed for tires. However, if the tire or rim is damaged as a result of an accident it may be covered. For example, a tractor falling off a trailer as it is being transported will probably have damage to the tires/rims and the tires/rims would be covered. I hope this helps...

Have a great day!
Brian

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #60  
How does the kubota insurance "other insurance" clause read?? I just purchased a tractor yesterday and got the insurance.

Is KTAC primary?