KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #61  
It doe's not cover natural wear,(tires, belts,oil change, paint fading, ect) but if it falls off of a trailer, limb or tree falls on it, stolen or what ever i do not have to worry about it. I did get liability from my insurance just in case I hit something and damaged what I hit. If I hit something Kubota covers my 7940 but not what I hit.
Hope this helps.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #62  
It doe's not cover natural wear,(tires, belts,oil change, paint fading, ect) but if it falls off of a trailer, limb or tree falls on it, stolen or what ever i do not have to worry about it. I did get liability from my insurance just in case I hit something and damaged what I hit. If I hit something Kubota covers my 7940 but not what I hit.
Hope this helps.

If you are replying to my question that is not the answer for that question. I am asking how ktac will pay when other insurance applies for the same claim. Does ktac pay primary or does ktac "share" in the loss with the homeowner policy. If "share" then one would have to file a homeowner claim as well

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #63  
That is a good question, since I got Kubota first I would think that it is the primary and the other is the second. However my other policy is on the tractor and is not covered by my Homeowners, it is like my car policy totally separate. I will ask this question and find out.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #64  
I just talked to my insurance carrier and I have to have a separate policy just like I had bought a new vehicle. My homeowners does not cover the UTV. My Kabota policy is primary, but I did go back and purchase libility on the UTV to cover personal injury.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #65  
I tried for just liability as some of my friends did, however Alfa would only write a full coverage on the tractor. so I will file on both and see what comes up. I hope that I never hit anything that belongs to someone else.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #66  
It's good you are shopping around...

CSAA wanted $900 to insure one of my old cars... I got much better insurance through JC Taylor for $71 a year...

Is anyone using Farm Bureau Insurance?

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #67  
Re: KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does the kubota insurance "other insurance" clause read?? I just purchased a tractor yesterday and got the insurance.

Is KTAC primary?

KTAC is the primary insurer but there is a clause in your policy that states "Our Right to Recover From Others". I suggest you never file a property damage claim on your KTAC policy AND your homeowner policy. One of the benefits of using KTAC is you don't have to worry about a price increase like you do on your home policy. With that being said, if you decide to file a claim against multiple policies, your other insurer becomes responsible for part of the claim. Again, I do not encourage you to file mutliple claims unless the other claim is for liability only. You will receive a certificate of ins in the mail or you can email me directly for a copy of your policy (need your KCC account number).

I hope this answers your question.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #68  
sure doe's, Thanks. I did get the other for liability only anyway.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #69  
To change the direction of this thread a bit, how about this?

I was moving huge stump with my M7040 w/ a Kubota forklift attachment on the FEL bought with the tractor.

While rolling one of the stumps, it shifted, bending the tips (last 6 inches) of my forks to about 45 degrees. I heated and straightened the tips only to have it happen again the very next day.

A forklift repair guy told me that the forks were essentially ruined. In addition, the curl function now will not hold and leaks completely down in about 10 minutes. Before this they held perfectly.

Is any of this covered under the Kubota insurance?
>the forks (fork frame is fine)
>the blown curl seals (if that is what the problem is)

Thanks,

EDIT: Here is an email sent to my dealer:

On Sunday, 2/12/2012, I was moving large (6' to 7') stumps to a burn pile. Several of the stumps were too heavy to lift so they were being rolled using the forklift attachment.

In trying to get another bite on the stump with the forks at the top of the lift and fully curled down a huge stump shifted and rolled back into the tractor. The tips of both forks were bent down about 45 degrees, the brush guard bent and damaged, and, as I found out later, the curl hydraulic cylinders were damaged.

The cylinder damage is such that the curl cylinders fully extend after about 10 minutes with the tractor not running. The weight of the forks pulls them all the way down.

I heated the tips and straightened them to go back to finish the job. The tips bent very easily again. A forklift repair shop said that the forks were likely ruined.

There may be other damage that has not been discovered. The fork frame seems to be OK but it has not been measured yet for square or closely inspected.

My question concerns my Kubota insurance. Can these issues from the accident be repaired/replaced under my Kubota insurance policy? I realize that there is a $250 deductible for the accident.

Last edited:
   / KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #70  
We will cover damage caused by accidents such as your case. Since you attempted to repair the forks, I can't tell you for sure it will be covered now until I have a chance to talk with the dealer. Keep in mind, KTAC is in business so Kubota customers are taken care of so you stay a Kubota customer. For anyone that has our insurance, always contact a dealer right a way and get the equipment to them so they can repair it. Trying to repair it yourself may hide the actual damage caused which makes it difficult to file a claim. Call us at 800-348-5802 and let me take a look at it...

Brian