KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #81  
Have been with State Farm for over 12 years and they would not insure our tractor because we use it to mow other peoples properties. So I went to KTAC Website and sent in a quote. I was emailed back within 10 minutes, reviewed the qoute and contacted the agent with a couple of questions. All in all I was signed up and all paid up for a year of coverage in less than 30 minutes. Loved how fast the process went and Charlotte was super nice to deal with... Gotta protect that investment.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #82  
KTAC,

It seems like the KTAC policy is a good deal. I typically despise all types of insurance, but this actually interests me. I am looking at a new purchase L3540 this year and will most likely go KTAC. I have purchased all my vehicles with cash SOLELY for the purpose of avoiding full coverage insurance, so that says a lot.

Question: earlier this year, I bent my pto output shaft because the pto drive shaft was too short, came off, the part attached to my tractor caught a side link, and bam, broke some bearings and had to replace the pto output shaft. Cost me nearly $1,000. Would KTAC cover something like this? It is not the type of thing I would normally expect insurance to cover, but bully if it would have.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #83  
Hey ddb123... Damage caused by mechanical breakdown is not covered. However, there may be a case where damage may be thought of as mechanical but actually was a result of something being damaged due to impact that may be covered. So, I hate to give you the "it depends" answer so I will say it probably would not have been covered.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #84  
ktac said:
Hey ddb123... Damage caused by mechanical breakdown is not covered. However, there may be a case where damage may be thought of as mechanical but actually was a result of something being damaged due to impact that may be covered. So, I hate to give you the "it depends" answer so I will say it probably would not have been covered.

That's fair, I appreciate your response.

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #85  
I am considering paying off my loan and no longer needing the coverage or should I keep it?

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #86  
I am considering paying off my loan and no longer needing the coverage or should I keep it?

I would keep it. It is pretty good coverage if you screw up, and wreck the tractor, for a pretty good price. I went ahead and got them to cover my Kioti when I swapped out the Kubota for the Kioti. Stuff does happen, you know, I have seen guys on here that failed to set the parking brake hard enough, or it failed, and the tractor runs down hill and crashed, sometimes fatally. (to the tractor). or you are sidehilling and turn it over. Sometimes things happen to the most experienced operators.

James K0UA

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #87  
This is my second post to this thread.
A couple of questions.
Does a claim affect the policy in anyway?
Does the rate change?
Is the term affected?

What is the best way to start my claim and opt for either coverage or out of pocket?

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #88  
What is the best way to start my claim and opt for either coverage or out of pocket?

I have contacted KTAC and started my claim. Hope all works well for me and my L3800 :) SAD DAY. . .

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #89  
I have contacted KTAC and started my claim. Hope all works well for me and my L3800 :) SAD DAY. . .

So what happened to the L3800?

de
K0UA

/ KTAC Insurance Agency- A Kubota-Endorsed Insurance Program #90  
Apparently a 4-6" dia stick, decided to bury itself into the throttle linkage (underside).
I have a permanent reverse. Obviously won't restart with the cutout.