NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST #1  

goochy

Silver Member
Ok , most know that I got the shaft !! on a used L3400 like new with equipment . so now I am still needing a tractor . I HATE to pay $12,000- $14,000 for a USED L3400 or smaller :confused2:. So here is my BEST deal so far !!!

NEW ...
Kubota L3700
HST
FEL
R 4 tires
CASH price $16,650 OTD , NO TAX out of state , sounds like a deal to me ? Might go look at it Sat. I was going to give $16,000 for a used L3400 with alot of extras , but deal did not happen :mad:. So now after looking within 300 miles from MS . Most USED tractors with R4s , FEL , around 30-38 Hp are $12-$16,000 USED !! I am talking it over with my wife now . If I use the 0 down 0% its $1500.00 MORE . I can afford to pay cash to save $1500.00 , but do I really need a brand NEW tractor ? The L3400 I found used was a great price and it looked new 100 + hrs . But I am buying a tractor to KEEP until I die . So maybe NEW is better for the great deal local dealer is offering ?

Last edited:
   / NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST #2  
That sounds pretty good, the L3700 is a L3400 with 2 more horsepower, and with the loader already on as a package, but minus the cruise control ( a $200 option on the L3700) and minus the drawbar ( $100 option) also there are two loader options the La463-1 and the La463-2 the -2 has the quick detach bucket. hope your getting the -2, but I doubt it for that money. if you are, well probably better jump. Have you checked with Barlows. a lot of the guys have made great deals with them. They are online. Give Brady Barlow a call.

James K0UA

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST #3  
if you can get your wife to say yes,go with the new tractor hands down.i doubt if theres the usual 15% to 20% disscount between new an used tractors like it used tobe.

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST
If it had the quick attach bucket that would seal the deal :licking:

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST
Doesn't your State Dept trace significant transaction tax avoidance
through interstate sales information co-operation , and bill/fine you ?

I have had 4 different dealers tell me , the state does not track tractors . My father in law is buying it for me :laughing: , so he lives out of state . My local dealer told me , " just use out of state address "

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST #7  
be careful of the tax free out of state. most dealerships have to report sales, and most states now follow out of state purchases. I had to pay sales tax on my tractor to my state even though i bought it out of state. My dealer warned me that the states are really cracking down on this, cause they need/want all the money they can get to keep filling their greedy pockets.

unless your really a farm..ie make over 50% of your income from farming.

Alot of people have been nailed with fines and back taxes. Here in Idaho a dealership actually was forced to closehis business because he was selling tractors using false "farm exempt" tax free status.

/ NEW DEAL ?? L3700 HST #8  
Go new for that amount of difference IMO. You will know its actual history from the get-go. That is worth a fair amount to me. The tax thing has much more to do with your individual state than anything else. A lot of states its not very enforced where others are on it like a chicken on a June bug. It's your call on that one.