60 inch deck, what's it worth?

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #1  

commander

Tractor
2002 Kubota BX2200
Thinking of selling my 60 inch mowing deck. I bought a 2002 BX2200 last summer with this deck but it will be too big for my needs. It's a model RCK60B-228X. Very nice shape, doesn't appear to have a lot of time on it. Heavy duty with metal spindle covers. Located in Southern Maine, Will sell with mounting hardware and drive shaft but not sure what it's worth. Anyone have an opinion?

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #2  
I may be facing that myself. I have a B2920 I bought last year with the 60" deck, and I may be getting a mower to do all the mowing this year. I'm thinking this will be painful, mostly because the deck will be hard to sell. It's fairly specific as to application, and most folks who want one with a tractor buy it that way. I Don't live in an urban part of the country which may make it harder. I was thinking of asking my dealer to buy it back or trade on something else...not sure how that will go. But if I get $1000 for my $2350 deck I would consider myself lucky. Given how I see this playing out, I may just have to hang onto it....or find someone willing to buy a similar tractor and trying to work a deal with them.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #3  
Commander, from what I read your deck fits the older BX tractors hene the 22BX suffix. I can tell you that the newer decks with the 23BX suffix sell between 750-1100. Of course that all depends on location, season and of course economy. There is a 54 inch deck in great shape on Ebay and has an asking price of 800 or best offer. No takers yet and I believe that this is the second time listed for it. But he is in AR. If he was closer I would buy it as I am in the market for one now and 800 is a pretty good deal.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #4  
I've seen a couple of them offered in NE Maryland for $500 in the last year. They were in good condition, garage kept, I've also seen one offered for $2,000. Don't know if they sold.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #6  
I would bet you would be lucky to get $500. The only people that will be interested will be someone that needs parts, or bought a used machine without a deck. Neither will want too pay much.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #7  
commander said:
Thinking of selling my 60 inch mowing deck. I bought a 2002 BX2200 last summer with this deck but it will be too big for my needs. It's a model RCK60B-228X. Very nice shape, doesn't appear to have a lot of time on it. Heavy duty with metal spindle covers. Located in Southern Maine, Will sell with mounting hardware and drive shaft but not sure what it's worth. Anyone have an opinion?

Would that deck fit a bx2660? I believe the deck model is RCK60B-238X as opposed to 228X.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #9  
keyman1808 said:
I dont believe it will fit without modifications.

That's what I figure. I didn't buy the MM because a perfectly good LandPride drag along was left at the property when we purchased it.

/ 60 inch deck, what's it worth? #10  
i sold mine for the b2400 for $1100 in the past months --

-- i considered myself BLESSED -- :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

-- it had 900 hours on it -- and was abused somewhat by the PO.