My TN70A was lost in a fire

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
My New Holland TN70A was lost in a fire. They don't make them anymore.

Mine was 8F/8R with electro-hydraulic power shuttle 2 range

CAT 1/2 ROPS.

If anyone can help me find something that closely approximate this wonderful tractor, that would be great! The insurance company will ask and I have no idea what is even close.

If NH does not make anything like it, then I will try whatever is close from another manufacturer.

Doc

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire
I forgot to mention I have a replacement insurance policy. I loved the TN70A. EHSS, simple design, built like a tank. folding ROPS, CAT 1/2 hitch.

Any help would be great.

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #3  
Glad to see you are ready to leave the Blue for the Orange. Doubt many Orange owners will know anything about what that model of Blue is, I don't for sure.
Maybe tell size and HP and we can help, now that you've seen the Orange light.:) Or go to the Kubota website or to a Kubota dealer.
Kubota Tractor Corporation

Glad to see you are ready to leave the Blue for the Orange. Doubt many Orange owners will know anything about what that model of Blue is, I don't for sure.
Maybe tell size and HP and we can help, now that you've seen the Orange light.:) Or go to the Kubota website or to a Kubota dealer.
Kubota Tractor Corporation

Sorry, 70 HP 3 cyl diesel with turbo. 8 forward speeds, 8 rear. Had a shuttle lever (EHSS) which allowed shifting from forward to back and forward without having to use the clutch.

I could run at 1400 rpm, then rev up to 2400 when needed. Carrying a light load was great just humming along at 1400 rpm with no need to use 2400 rpm.

Had both a CAT 1and CAT 2 hitch. AG tires. FEL. Front wheel drive assist when needed. Folding ROPS. And the sucker was loud at full throttle :D It made such wonderful sounds.

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #5  
some of us here do bleed orange an blue.youd prolly be looking for a 7040 kubota,as its in the same hp range.

some of us here do bleed orange an blue.youd prolly be looking for a 7040 kubota,as its in the same hp range.

7040 is now on the list!

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #7  
7040 is now on the list!

I am not familiar with the NH models, but we own an M8540 after looking at the M7040 and it is a nice tractor with all the features mentioned and I believe it has the limited slip front differential like on the M85/9540.

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #9  
Thank you! Any idea what the M8540 costs (just the tractor)?

the gear 8540 cost $32,000 or a tad more,an the 8540 hydro shift was $33600 give or take both with ROPS an 4x4.those prices are here in texas.

/ My TN70A was lost in a fire #10  
Thank you! Any idea what the M8540 costs (just the tractor)?

As in all things, it is going to depend on how it is equipped and where you buy it. You have to figure in how many rear remotes, type and size of tires, type of transmission 8F/8R, 12F/12R, creep option, third function valve or not.

bigbull338 is probably pretty close. Ours is a cab model with the same tires as the M9540, two rear remotes 12F/12R, Hydraulic Shuttle Shift, no creep and no third function valve, so the price was quite a bit more. rjkobbeman has an M8540 ROPS model and might be able to give a better idea.

Prices do vary from region to region a little. Lots of people on her buy from Barlows in KY as their price is very good even with the cost of shipping.

Davis Farm Supply where I buy my stuff handles NH as well as Kubota and both make excellent tractors.