KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #1  

mhart

Silver Member
Hi all

I currently have a B2920 w FEL and 60in MMM. I have used this primarily for snow, gravel driveway maintenance, various landscaping/loader needs etc.

I have discovered that it may be better to have a separate lawn tractor to use simply for mowing. Reason is when yard is moist the B w loader tends to be a bit heavy. Plus, I dont like taking the MMM on and off constantly. I have about 2 acres of level ground to cut, plus one small hill.

I have explored the Kubota line T2080. This is a belt driven unit and was quoted arount 3600 for 42inch cut. They offerred me only 800 for my MMM which is not even a year old and in perfect condition--this seemed low to me.

I also looked at the Cub GT2100 which is a shaft driven unit, similar deck size for about the same price. I am partial to the shaft driven units for durability etc.

What do you guys think of these prices and the comparison between the Kubota and Cub.

Thanks in advance

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #2  
The Loader comes off very easey, less than 10 minutes,which will let your tractor be lighter on the yard. I allways remove my BH601, and sometimes the loader off my BX23, but with out FEL and BH, my Little BX is a nice mowing machine. I am getting a B3200 latter this week, and keeping the BX, just going to keep it a mower only for a while until I sell it, and then, will be doing like you getting a decated mower, a zg221, or zd22?, in the 48 to 54 cut size. might go with the smaller size, but still have two acres to mow, and might want it go faster.

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #3  
DO NOT buy the Kubota T2080 . The Infinity deck is total rubbish !
The Kohler Courage engine isn't upto much compared to a Kawasaki.
ANYTHING is better than that . They're ripping you off for the
drive-over deck too . Why do you leave the loader on ? Are you
running Industrial tyres ?

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB
Thanks for the replies

I guess I just want to keep things as simple as possible, that is why I keep the loader on, I do use it pretty often and would hate to have to keep switching it on and off.

It sounds like the kubota lawn tractor is not that great. I have heard good things about the Cubs, they are shaft driven, not sure how important that is..

What do you all think I can sell my MMM 60in for, Kubota dealer offerred me $800 which I thought was low.

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #5  
Price seems low on the deck. I have to agree if your buying a mower look for a kawasaki engine. I have a Husqvarne with the kaw engine and it great. I actually just decided to sell it as I plan on using my BX from now on. Not that I didnt like it just trying to have the one engine to maintain, one kind of fuel to keep on hand, have more room in the barn. But my neighbor bought the same mower with the kohler and has had nothing but problems. I hear the same of teh B&S engines of late too. You will spend 4 or 5 hundred more for that kawasaki but its worth it.

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #6  
DO NOT buy the Kubota T2080 . The Infinity deck is total rubbish !
The Kohler Courage engine isn't upto much compared to a Kawasaki.
ANYTHING is better than that . They're ripping you off for the
drive-over deck too . Why do you leave the loader on ? Are you
running Industrial tyres ?

Not sure what tractor your looking at, but little of this makes sense. The deck is not driver over, and the engine is not a courage.

I sell both Kubota and Cub Cadet. No doubt you get more "machine" for your money from Cub Cadet. Kubota does not have the sales volume in this size to really give value like they can in the larger tractors. That said, their quality is leaps and bounds beyond any other company's lawn equipment that I see. Cub makes good stuff, I like the iSeries alot, the new 2100's seem nice but time will tell if the new models hold up well.

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #7  
You're misreading me . The B2920 deck is drive-over , and my ex.T2080
engine was Courage ( SV710 ) , and the Infinity deck has been a
total sales disaster in Oz .
http://www.kubota.com/product/t1880/pdf/t_series_spec.pdf

Did you manage to locate a Pdf info sheet for the Kubota manufactured
gas engine in the Z that we talked about a couple of weeks ago ?

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #8  
Price seems low on the deck. I have to agree if your buying a mower look for a kawasaki engine. I have a Husqvarne with the kaw engine and it great. .. but my neighbor bought the same mower with the kohler and has had nothing but problems. I hear the same of teh B&S engines of late too. You will spend 4 or 5 hundred more for that kawasaki but its worth it.
This is right on the money . My Dealer is sick of
returned T's with carb and timing problems . They've just started keeping
Husky ride-ons or they reckon JD will kill their mower business.That's how
bad T's are !

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #9  
The block is a courage engine, thats correct. However its not the stock off the self version of it. If you look at the tuning and carb/exaust/etc its all different. Kubota has done this in their lawn equipment for years. Its not an infalible tractor, however I'd say without a doubt that our customer satisfaction with them is clearly better than Cubs we have sitting beside them.

/ KUBOTA T2080 vs CUB #10  
Thanks for the replies

I guess I just want to keep things as simple as possible, that is why I keep the loader on, I do use it pretty often and would hate to have to keep switching it on and off.

It sounds like the kubota lawn tractor is not that great. I have heard good things about the Cubs, they are shaft driven, not sure how important that is..

What do you all think I can sell my MMM 60in for, Kubota dealer offerred me $800 which I thought was low.

If you're interested in selling the MMM email me.
jj