B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #21  
Someone has a 2320 with a LA364 loader. I think he described this as if the dealer didn't have a LA304 loader but had a LA364 to offer. I believe hydraulics are the same(with the exception of the cylinders) & the frame is the same. You'll notice operating times are slower with the LA364 over the LA304. Why not fabricate "Bucket wings" to the 4 footer for snow removal?

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #22  
Bucket wings are an option.I am just waiting on a quote for the tractor,talked to the dealer this morning.I will see how much the 5 foot bucket is worth.

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #23  
Thanks for the reply,chriscos.I am not familiar with how the quick attach works,would I need a plate for each bucket or is it just the factory pins that are used.I realize there is one piece for the loader arms but I am not sure what is required for the bucket.Is it just the pin on setup with the pins left on or is there something else needed for the bucket?I am thinking of how the SSQA system works but this system appears different.

So, the currently shipping "pin style" quick attach for the LA504 loader (and the others with the same pin spacing) - basically works like this:

You remove the existing pinned on bucket from the tractor.

In place of the bucket - you put the QA assembly on the front arms of the loader.

The bucket gets a pin installed in the UPPER position only - on both sides.

Then there is a pocket on the top of the QA on both sides that this pin on the bucket sits into. A pin gets installed on either side in the lower position - to hold the bucket in place.

All in all - it's much better than having to wrestle out pins and then pound pins back in - if you had no QA at all on the FEL. But it's not as fast or convenient as a skid steer style QA setup.

Which leads to this: if you look at the new Kubota B3350 tractor that is coming out - Kubota is now making available a "skid steer style QA" for the LA534 loader on this tractor. I have already confirmed that the pin spacing on the LA534 - is the same as the LA504 on my B3200 (and hence is the same as all the other loaders that match up to the pin spacing of the LA504). I confirmed this by looking at the part numbers for the pin-on style buckets (54" and 60") - for the LA534 and the LA504 - and they are the exact same part numbers in the Kubota online parts catalog.

So...... it appears that very shortly there will be a skid steer style QA available for the older tractors too. By simply buying one of the new QA setups from Kubota. I call it "skid steer style" - because some of the dealers have piped in on other threads here on TBN - and said that the Kubota QA is not interchangeable with a "true" skid steer QA setup. Until I can actually get my hands on the new Kubota QA (they haven't shipped yet) - I can't tell you where the dimensional differences are.

There are other options available out there for a skid steer type QA setup - are aftermarket solutions like ATI - and I think if you compare the Kubota solution to the ATI solution - you'll see that the Kubota setup is better - whereas the ATI setup is sort of cobbled together. It's too heavy - pushes the bucket out too far (reducing capacity) - etc.

Here's the information for the new Quick Hitch for the LA534:

Quick Hitch : PN#: B2366 (Hitch Quick LA534) - would also show up possibly as 7J056-36103

Pallet Fork Frame for new Quick Hitch: PN#: B2376 (Frame Pallet Fork) - would also show up as 7J056-091260

54" Bucket for Quick Hitch : PN# B2324 (SQQBKT 54) - would also show up as 7J056-51000

There's a 60" bucket available also - I just don't have the part number in front of me.

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #24  
Bucket wings are an option.I am just waiting on a quote for the tractor,talked to the dealer this morning.I will see how much the 5 foot bucket is worth.

You'll probably pay in the range of $550 US (maybe a little more) - for a 60" pin on bucket

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #25  
You'll probably pay in the range of $550 US (maybe a little more) - for a 60" pin on bucket

Just a little over 500 dollars when I priced the tractor yesterday.

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #26  
Someone has a 2320 with a LA364 loader. I think he described this as if the dealer didn't have a LA304 loader but had a LA364 to offer. I believe hydraulics are the same(with the exception of the cylinders) & the frame is the same. You'll notice operating times are slower with the LA364 over the LA304. Why not fabricate "Bucket wings" to the 4 footer for snow removal?

Its me, the 304 was on backorder so my dealer installed the 364 on my 2320 and ate the cost difference. I also have the QA installed on the 364.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #27  
Does anyone know about what the B1658 weighs? I asked the dealer for pricing and of course he said it might not fit, blah, blah, blah, then tried to tell me it weighed like 100#, and with the forks etc. there would be very little capacity for my La 304. Then he said they have never sold one. (with the sales pitch he gave me I can see why.) I didn't bother to argue, but I can make a fork attachment adequate for the loader capacity that doesn't weigh anywhere near what the Kubota unit does. I seem to recall seeing something somewhere that said the B1658 weighs about 60#, but can't find that thread now.

Last edited:
   / B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #28  
Does anyone know about what the B1658 weighs? I asked the dealer for pricing and of course he said it might not fit, blah, blah, blah, then tried to tell me it weighed like 100#, and with the forks etc. there would be very little capacity for my La 304. Then he said they have they never sold one. (with the sales pitch he gave me I can see why.) I didn't bother to argue, but I can make a fork attachment adequate for the loader capacity that doesn't weigh anywhere near what the Kubota unit does. I seem to recall seeing something somewhere that said the B1658 weighs about 60#, but can't find that thread now.

The B1658 is the quick attach adapter that goes on the end of the loader arms right? Just asking because I can't remember the Kubota part number. The quick attach adapter itself doesn't weigh that much. I can get you an exact weight if you're willing to wait a little because I'm removing the QA on my B3200 with the LA504 loader - and going to the new skid steer style QA Kubota has just come out with on the B3350.

If you're thinking of the Kubota fork frame - I can get you a weight in that too. The key to not sucking up all of the capacity on your loader when you add a fork frame to it - is to get the appropriate forks. You'll find forks on Ebay and Craigslist for cheap because the guys in warehouses drag them on the floor - wear them down eventually - and then they need to be replaced for safety reasons. I've got a pair of 36" forks that I bought off of Ebay - and they seriously heavy duty - and I use them for lifting and prying rocks and so forth - but even in their worn down condition they are serious overkill for the LA504 - and they're **** heavy.

I also bought a pair of 24" forks from Artillian (fork frames and fork tines for Deere) - which are more in line with the actual lift capacity of the LA504 and a much lighter. Artillian also sells other fork tines that are not ridiculously heavy - and are more than adequate capacity wise for the LA504 (and your loader).

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #29  
I believe I remember reading in one thread about the B1658 pin quick attach was only about 32 lbs.

/ B2320 w/ LA504 Quick Attach And Kubota Forks #30  
Yeah, It's the adapter weight I am interested in. I don't plan to use the Kubota fork frame, it is overkill for my application, and expensive to boot. I saw a thread where someone made a special adapter to replace the bucket (brought the forks back closer to the arms) and then used clamp on forks. A pair of aluminum forks is very light,and the adapter should be much lighter than the fork frame. I'm thinking that I may actually be able lift more with the right setup than I can with the bucket, since the bucket will be heavier than the fork setup, although this is not my reason for wanting forks.

32# would be great!