What would you pay for a B7100??

/ What would you pay for a B7100?? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a 1975-76 Kubota B7100, 4wd, no loader with 970 hours. It is in PERFECT condition, other than it just needs waxed. I would like to have some input on what it might sell for. I can send pictures if you would like to see.. I am not selling, just getting ideas..

I am considering uping to a L3010. I am wanting a loader and i have been told that the B7100 is too little to do any real loader work. I am thinking that the L3010 would be better for me to use. Has anyone used a B7100 with a 48inch loader?? Are you able to actually dig hard dirt, or just kinda scrape around. I am going to be doing some pretty good size excavating in the next 6 months. Large rocks (up to probably 800lbs), and medium trees (10-30ft)I dont think the B7100 could handle it too well..

Any input would be appreciated.

Jeff

/ What would you pay for a B7100?? #2  
Jeff,
The B7100 FEL I believe the lift capacity 510 pounds and the break force 780 pounds and the relief valva setting 1450 pounds.

If you are going to handle 800 pound rocks and 30 foot trees the B7100 going to grunt some.

My B7100 has done what ever I ask of it /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif and than some,but the are slow when doing a large project but do a grand of a finish job.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What would you pay for a B7100?? #3  
Jeff:

I have a B6100D with a 36" FEL. Like Thomas, it has done everything I've needed so far - although I haven't tried to do any serious excavating with it.

I think you might encounter a more practical problem, though. Even if you could find one, it may cost more to put a FEL on your B7100 than the tractor is worth.

On that point, other than looking through the archives on this and other boards, and perhaps an e-bay search, I can't offer any ideas on the value of your B7100.

Bill

/ What would you pay for a B7100?? #4  
I had a 1995 B7100 with the B1630C (48") loader and the other guys are right; it's very slow doing any serious excavation. In fact, you probably won't do any excavation with just the loader. I did do quite a bit with the combination of loader and 48" box blade, but it's slow. Another thing you might consider is the fact that the B7100 will tip over easier than a bigger tractor, too. And in 1995, the dealer figured $2600 for the loader, so trading up sounds to me like your best option.

Bird<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 11/1/00 07:37 AM.</FONT></P>

/ What would you pay for a B7100?? #5  
I have a 1995 B7100 HST without a front loader. I looked into both a Kubota and Woods front loader for the machine, oh, 3-4 months ago. Both loaders were about the same price, $2,800-$2,900, depending on the loader controls wanted (single stick or two stick). I figured I'd be farther ahead to look for a moderately experienced 2400 or 2710 with a loader.

Bob Pence

/ What would you pay for a B7100??
Wolfman,
Know you're just getting ideas but I am looking at buying a b7100 in the next week but yours sounds MUCH nicer---mainly not faded... Lemme know if you decide to sell and where you be.
Russpmc@yahoo.com in I-o-way.