Kubota B3300SU Pricing

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #1  

Verdemont

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota B2650 HST
Oops. Looks like this needs to be put into the Kubota specific forum. Sorry moderators. I assume someone will move this thread.
===========

I live in Rural Colorado and have started the search for a new B3300SU. I bought a B7610 in 2004 but sold it in 2006 when we changed houses. Now want a bigger unit with a BH due to the new property and what i like to do.

After visiting both local dealers, kicking tires, driving the units around, etc.. I got price quotes from both dealers that can service my area.

I am looking to buy a B3300SU with the LA504 loader, 54" bucket, BH77 backhoe, 10" bucket, and that's about it for now. I will add a 5' blade later.

Got written prices from both and one is about 6.4% discount from the list price and one is at 8.72% discount. Both are good dealers and one of them is the dealer that I purchased my last tractor from. The other dealer is now closer to where our new property is and would likely use them for parts and service. I would have NO issues purchasing from either dealer and both salesmen are outstanding people.

Both dealers have the B3300SU in stock as well as the loader and BH77. One of them doesn't have a 54" bucket right now but can get one very quickly. So, no issues with availability of equipment, delivery, or any of that.

I do plan on taking advantage of the Kubota financing (5 year, 0% interest) offer. We used Kubota finance before and it was easy. 0% is wonderful.

Questions:

1. Due to the slow economy I was hoping to get at least a 10% discount off of list price. Was thinking more like 15% if possible. So far 8.72 is the best. However I have not yet gone back to either dealer and asked them to do better. Yet. I will, but am seeking guidance here. What have others gotten %-wise? Is 10% realistic? Is 15% realistic?

2. I have Googled the entire Internet and I cannot find any reference to dealer cost on the equipment like you can with cars and such. I am assuming the dealer cost is not available. If this is wrong can someone let me know via email or reply here?

3. The only way a good deal can happen is if both the seller and buyer are happy. That is a lot easier when you know how much the dealer is making. The ONLY single data point I have been able to obtain is the dealer cost on one item. One of the dealers said the dealer cost of the Thumb for the BH77 was $362. List price is $465. That data point shows a 22.15% profit margin for the dealer for this single part. I don't know if this data is correct or if this is true for other attachments (like the FEL or BH) or even if it's true for the tractor itself.

4. I would like to finalize my deal by this Saturday but could sure use some input from others here. Here is what I am trying to buy and the prices I got from the Kubota.com "Build Your Kubota" tool there:

B3300SUHSDP - Special Package Deal
Base Tractor MSRP including R4 Tires $15,422.00
Loader - LA504 $3,094.00
Loader Bucket - 54". Normal Duty $452.00
Loader Quick Coupler $279.00
Backhoe - BH77 $7,699.00
Backhoe Bucket - 10" $415.00

Total Configured Price of Model $27,361.00
CIR Tractor / Loader Discount $300.00 (Through June 30, 2011)
Total MSRP: $27,061.00

The two prices I have been quoted are 6.42% and 8.72% from the $27,061.00 price listed above. Free delivery. No other charges other than 2.9% tax.

Looking for input from recent purchasers on what kind of discount % you got from your Kubota dealer. I am ONLY dealing with Kubota and not interested in anything else.

Thanks in Advance. I don't post much but have been lurking here again for 3-4 months considering the B3300SU, B3200, and a B26TLB.

Tom

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #2  
Price might be just a touch high, but with easy delivery, and finance, not to bad. Are you sure about the 10in bh bucket, thats small. A 16 inch with a thumb, is a nice size, I just got one on a BH 76, and like it a lot. Prices, are going up now due to price of steel, so Just a little more off, and I think you should jump. Local if you can do it is great. I have bought from Barlows on a used unit, and was very pleased. But if your looking to buy this weekend, that's out of the question. In your use of this tracktor, you might even look a little more at a B26 etc. The more information you give us about your use, the more we can help spend your Money.

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #3  
When I was shopping new Kubotas here in NH, 8% was about all I could get off of list price....... so I don't think you are doing that bad. Granted, some dealers are selling at a bit higher discount, but your prices are pretty average from I've seen in my area.

I'm not only going to second the larger backhoe bucket ........ but I'm going to suggest the 60" loader bucket. I'd consider a 10" backhoe bucket for trenching, not a good general purpose bucket. I can't imagine a 54" loader bucket is as wide as your tractor. Is there a reason you are specifically shooting for the smallest buckets?

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing
When I was shopping new Kubotas here in NH, 8% was about all I could get off of list price....... so I don't think you are doing that bad. Granted, some dealers are selling at a bit higher discount, but your prices are pretty average from I've seen in my area.

I'm not only going to second the larger backhoe bucket ........ but I'm going to suggest the 60" loader bucket. I'd consider a 10" backhoe bucket for trenching, not a good general purpose bucket. I can't imagine a 54" loader bucket is as wide as your tractor. Is there a reason you are specifically shooting for the smallest buckets?

Ductape:

- BH bucket: The land where our 2nd home is (cabin and land) is very rocky. My thought about using a narrower 10" bucket would be that it would be easier in rocky terrain. I am willing to listen. I also do need to put in some irrigation lines. I rented a trencher last year and it was too rocky. So I ended up renting a Kubota Mini-Excavator with a 16" bucket when I only really needed 6-8" wide. So, open to ideas.

- Loader Bucket: The 54" bucket from Kubota is listed as the Normal bucket. The 60" is listed as "Light Duty". Was thinking the 54" standard duty one would be better. Would like to hear from others here with the LA504 and the 60" bucket in rocky terrain.

Thanks!

Tom

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing
I emailed the dealer that previously had the best price (8.72% discount) and asked him if he would give me 10% off of the list price for the entire deal. Free delivery, no setup, no other fees. Just add the 2.9% tax to it. About 2.5 hours later he replied that yes he would do that. But only asked that I do my training at his dealership so the delivery person can just be a truck driver.

Sounds awesome. I have about 350 hours on my old B7610 so not much to learn about the new tractor. Just need to learn how to use the BH and anything new with the new model.

May just seal the deal tomorrow and run down there and sign the papers and apply for the Kubota financing.

Woot! My wife and I are taking the week of Memorial day off and would be great to have the new unit delivered prior to that time.

Tom

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #6  
Suggestion: If you have rocky, hilly terrain, get filled tires (rimguard), and ask to have the rear tires placed at their maximum width for stability.

Also, you might want to consider the L3800HST. Roughly the same price, but more HP, heavier, wider, and more ground clearance. No mid-pto though.

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing
Suggestion: If you have rocky, hilly terrain, get filled tires (rimguard), and ask to have the rear tires placed at their maximum width for stability.

Also, you might want to consider the L3800HST. Roughly the same price, but more HP, heavier, wider, and more ground clearance. No mid-pto though.

Z:

Thanks. Not too hilly. One of the reasons for picking the B3300SU over the B3200 is the tires (at least the rears) are much larger with the R4's. Too much width would be an issue though among the trees and is one of the reasons I was staying away from the L series. Local dealer has a sweet L3240 with 150 hours on it with FEL but it's big. I wonder how much weight the filled tires add? And, with a BH77 on the back at about 1400 pounds, will weight back there really be an issue?

Tom

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #8  
And, with a BH77 on the back at about 1400 pounds, will weight back there really be an issue?

Well, the beauty of the filled tires is that they add weight below the center of gravity, improving stability. The backhoe weight is higher up.

Anyway, it might not be so critical if your ground isn't that hilly... see what you dealer suggests.

- Mike

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing #9  
One thing to consider is the 12" BH bucket measures 12" across the teeth but the interior width of the bucket itself is 10.5" and tapers to a little less towards back of bucket. So a 10" would seem pretty narrow. Also, you may want to consider adding the BH thumb...comes in handy...especially dealing with rocks.

/ Kubota B3300SU Pricing
Progress Report:

Based on recommendations from dealer, and people here as well, I changed a few details for my order:

1. Went with the 60" bucket. Dealer strongly recommended the bucket be as wide or wider than the rear tires. It feels pretty heavy duty to me.

2. BH77 bucket: Went with the 12".

3. Loader Quick Coupler: Decided I did not need it. I never ever took the bucket off my old tractor and don't see doing it here.

4. Bucket Hooks - Dealer agreed to weld on 3 hooks and paint them for a reasonable price.

Other Status:

- Kubota financing approval - Done.
- Paperwork: Waiting to sign.
- Delivery: Requested it to be no later than Friday, May 27. But earlier is fine.

Open Issues:

1. Dealers does have a brand new in the crate BH77 but the subframe kit he has is for a L series tractor which will not fit the 3300SU. He called the Kubota area rep (not sure of technical name) to get one expedited or asked that the other dealer (who I was dealing with) allow him to swap subframe kits. They had at least 6-12 new BH77's and at least some of them must fit the B3300SU.

2. I am still deciding if I should purchase a PHD now or wait. Not sure what brands are good.

3. Also not sure whether to purchase a 5' or 6' blade. I'm used to a 5' on my old B7610 but dealer strongly recommends the 6' for my tractor. But he has a 5, a 6, a heavier duty 6 and a really heavy duty 6' as well. Forgot manufacturer but a dark brown/orange color.

Tom

Attachments

• i-PRQQG27-L.jpg
    i-PRQQG27-L.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1,258
Last edited: