M9000

/ M9000 #1  

JTD

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4700 HST
I'm looking at a Kubota M9000 or M-110 with a cab for haying (rd baler), discing, etc. I've got 90 acres in hay now plus another 70 acres or so I may convert from the wheat now planted in it. How do these tractors hold up compared to the Deeres and New Hollands? Any specific advise is appreciated. Thanks.

/ M9000 #2  
JTD,
Since no-one else has answered you, I thought I would give you my slightly biased opinion /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. I assume you have checked out both models and know that there are many major differences in the two Kubotas. That assumed, I think you would find that either tractor would hold up as well as any other you would find(maybe better)! We have many of the 9000 series in the field doing all the jobs you mentioned with very satisfied customers. Of course the 110 will do them all bigger, faster etc., but can you justify the price difference? It depends on your operation and time. In the 9000 there is now an HD model which has a hydraulic shuttle and wet clutch, which may be the only perceived weakness of the DT tractors. We have only lost one clutch and that was in a tractor owned by a coal mine and used to pull a huge roll of cable starting and stopping 24-7. We were quite concerned till they told us that it had the best maintenance record of any tractor they have had(mostly JD). The 110's do have a lot of electronics and have not been in producion long enough to really test on the long term, but we haven't had any trouble yet. Hope this helps, if you have any specific ?s I'll give it a shot. Christa

/ M9000 #3  
I have owned my M9000 for about 3 years and have had no complaints. I have also three friends who also own 9000s but have had thee machines for only a short time. I looked at the M110 but could not justify the added cost . I feel the Kubota compares very well with the blue and green machines. I bought the Kubota over the JD based on price and the fact the Kubota had a much quieter cab. I understand JD has made improvements in that area in newer models.